Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless Disappointment

• 10-02-2006 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been a digiweb customer for about a year now. I'm on their 1meg fixed wireless service and I've been paying 95.59 a month for that service.

That was a reasonable price when we first signed up as that was the time when you were paying 40-50 quid a month for a 512k dsl service.

But now we have gone through two waves of DSL upgrades, the launch of Metro etc... but despite repeated promises that they would be upgrading the service..... there is no sign of any upgrade being forthcoming.

Fair enough you have been launching other good products like metro, but that is no excuse to leave your existing customers behind, when you promised not to.

I enquired about switching to metro, but was told that there would be a fee in excess of 200 euros to do so.

Just wondering if anybody has any good news about what is going to happen with this service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They already said the FWA / basic wireless service is not getting upgraded (likely can't be). You need to change to Metro Wireless or adsl to get an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Indeed they (Chaz) has said there would be no upgrades for their FWA customers.

Their radio equipment from Airspan can do up to 4 Meg so there is scope for them to double speeds. There's no real commercial sense in doing that though as their FWA service is mainly geared towards rural customers where there is little competition.

You can get their FWA in towns but they have ADSL and Metro there too to compete with Eircom and NTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Can't believe your paying that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

Ok this is the first i've heard that there wasn't going to be an upgrade. We were told by a number of people that there was going to be an upgrade.... Including when we were signing up for it (we were told that upgrades to the packages were in the works).

Why am I still on it? We are tied on on contract and were quoted a ridiculous amount (more than actually just paying the rental for the remaining time) to get out of it and switch to Metro.

Fair enough there may not be a commercial future in developing the service a lot. But the kit is capable of higher speeds, so why not look after existing customers as had been promised. Or at the least reduce the prices for what we are getting. Not expecting them to invest new funds in the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Indeed they (Chaz) has said there would be no upgrades for their FWA customers.

Their radio equipment from Airspan can do up to 4 Meg so there is scope for them to double speeds. There's no real commercial sense in doing that though as their FWA service is mainly geared towards rural customers where there is little competition.

You can get their FWA in towns but they have ADSL and Metro there too to compete with Eircom and NTL.

As a matter of fact we use Airspan gear and the 4mbit cpe is really only good for 3 mbit's with extemely good signal. the airspan products are very misleading. the higher end cpe units are extremely expensive makeing it not worthed in changing them for regular customer's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

so why not cut the prices on the existing packages and not upgrade the gear at all?

Advertisement