Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerhill Flats

Options
  • 10-02-2006 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

I see the flats in Summerhill (big ones on the right as driving towards fairview from Gardiner St) are now marked for demolition.

Just wondering.. Anyone know when the last tennants were moved out, or what's beng put in their place? I've been passing through the area for the last couple of years and don't remember them being occupied.

I remember wandering into the area for the first time about 15years ago, and one of my friends referring to the area as 'The Badlands'..

Dublin's changing rapidly..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Not changing that quickly that plan has been on the books for over 10 years.

There have been people living in them up untill very recently (months not years).

They are going to build differnt accomadation but not really radically different. There are plenty of people looking for places to live.

The people were moved out and given other accomadation some may be moved back . Common practice really.

What do you think they should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Ahhhhh! Mountain View Flats, What a kip. The sooner these are demolished the better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

What do you think they should do?

Well up in Fairview, they knocked down the old ones and put up quite nice ones.. mind you, they might look naff in a few years too, who's to say!

The Mountain View ones do look terrible though, and they can't be safe. They seem to attract cider drinking teens who like to throw things at passing cars..

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Well up in Fairview, they knocked down the old ones and put up quite nice ones..

I dont believe there is flats in Fairview !

Thats Ballybough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The lads were out with their sledgehammers last week ripping down the Mountain View flats.. Soon they'll be history. Have to say, there's some naff looking wallpaper in some of those flats.. ah well, different strokes and all that..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mountain View Court.
    They are also knocking the Lourdes flats which are between Summerhill and the back of Sean McDermott Street Church.

The flats which were redeveloped in Ballybough were called Courtney Place. The ones across the road, Poplar Row flats, are actually older, but built to a much higher standard and did not require demolition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

A lot of that area of the city needs work done on it. That whole northeast corner of Dublin is long due an overhaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brain damaged

There in a complete state of repairs
    complete eyesores
    basically nearly every flat in the north inner city should be torn down!
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

complete eyesores
    basically nearly every flat in the north inner city should be torn down!
    :mad:

There's been huge re-furbishment's carried out on most of them, why would you pull them all down?.. (unless its for enthnic cleansing purpose's, which I'm all for in most cases).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A complete 'state of repairs'? Brain damaged allright. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement