Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie domains!

Options
  • 10-02-2006 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not! The web hosting section seems to be locked or something.

Do you still have to be a registered company to get a .ie domain?

I was thinking of doing up myself an online CV/portfolio type thing with a .ie domain! For example, www.myownname.ie or something like that!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The reg's:
    http://www.domainregistry.ie/QuickGuideToRegistrations.php

If you choose to go the company reg: www.cro.ie (Costs ~30euro mark)

Use the Search function for more discussions on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

py2006 wrote:
    I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not! The web hosting section seems to be locked or something.
    There are a few threads from the past few months, that cover all your questsion, on this forum.
    py2006 wrote:
    Do you still have to be a registered company to get a .ie domain?
    No, but then you never had to be.
    py2006 wrote:
    I was thinking of doing up myself an online CV/portfolio
    For personal domains they need to be formed by your intials and numbers (e.g. cg01.ie) which isn't ideal. You can register a RBN (registered business name), but that may bring about some legal requirements on you that you should check with an accountant/solicitor. You won't find anyone here that has ever had a problem with Revenue looking for Income Tax returns because of an RBN, but you should be aware that there may be some requirements. RBNs cost 20 quid online from CRO.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thanks for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

a good way around of getting a IE domain name is to setup a club or society, thats technically a business. One of lecturers told me how to do it before but i wasn't paying as much attention as i should have been.

Advertisement