Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrupted mp3's on PSP

• 10-02-2006 6:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem but I can't seem to find anything about it on the net, my PSP seems to be extremely fussy about what mp3's it plays, a lot will appear as corrupted....I'd just like to know if anyone out there has figured out why? the way its encoded? bitrate? it'll play most mp3's just fine but it really pisses me off when it won't play certain songs. The Sony Media Manager never sees the songs either....it puzzles me as they play fine everywhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i have never encountered this problem (have seen a lot of it with videos alright)..it must be a bitrate thing man...i know mp3-lame encoded files work 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Nah, not bit-rate issues here. I reckon it's that they're WMAs or some such. N'est pas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You didn't get your memory stick from ebay by any chance did you? Its flooded with fakes at the moment that are packing it in after a couple of months use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

UH OH!! I just got one from e-bay. Can you explain in more detail what's happening Stephen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I got mine from ebay a long old time ago. I think this problem is more hyped than it actually appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

here's a load of info on it - not referring in particular to ebay, but tells all about the very convincing looking fakes.
    http://www.vrforums.com/showthread.php?t=53801

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

WOW! Thanks. Luckly I got a real one. I have had one mp3 say "Corrupted Data" but I turned it off and it went away and the mp3 works fine, hope it doesn't happen again.

Advertisement