Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very bad service from BT

• 10-02-2006 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Why is the service delivery and customer support so bad.

Have my phone call's with BT, so I thought why not Ordered broadband via the internet.
    Orderd broadband via the net and said transaction complete
    Phoned after a few days and they said that they would be contacting me. THAT WAS THREE WEEKS AGO. Still no comeback no reply nothing. As I am in Navan I cannot get the ntl so will have to go the IBB ROUTE. Checked with Eircom and no problem with the land line.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

I just banged of a mail to COMREG - here is the reply .
    I complained about BTS inability to answer the phone or emails - even though we pay them to .
    it brings me to tears that BT are really busy - poor craters - funnily enoguh ,I am also extrememly busy - and could do without having ring / mail their disgustingly crap customer services .

will move in 6 months.

#######################################

Hi ~~~~~

Thank you for the response.

We do not regulate their levels of customer service. We are aware that they are extremely busy at the moment and the customer service lines may require customers to hold, but as you can appreciate, we have procedures to adhere to and consumers must first exhaust BT’s own complaint handling processes. If, after you have logged the formal complaint, you then fail to get a response after ten working days, then we can take on your complaint. I have just tried their 1904 number there and got through to a customer service rep within three minutes so you will be able to speak to someone.

I hope this helps,

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Moore

Commission for Communications Regulation

Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street

Dublin 1 Ireland

Telephone 1890 229 668

Fax +353 1 804 9680

www.comreg.ie

Visit our consumer website at www.askcomreg.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

In fairness that's not comreg's problem. They're there to ensure BT provide phone and broadband service, they're not remotely concerned with how quickly their customer service people answer the phone.

Althought in general comreg are cr*p :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 freeflyer2000

Thanks for the replay and help. I cannot understand how a company in todays world can have such bad service and still be in business. Just shows that there is not enough credible competition in the market, as one is as bad as the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

You think thats bad? You should deal with them for business accounts...
    They are the biggest shower of shytes I have ever encountered.
    Completely useless. If anyone who reads this is in the Telephony or IT dept etc. and your thinking of getting BT to do some work for you, avoid them like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

eth0_ wrote:
    In fairness that's not comreg's problem. They're there to ensure BT provide phone and broadband service, they're not remotely concerned with how quickly their customer service people answer the phone.

Althought in general comreg are cr*p :)

It is actually comregs problem - they have to ensure BT and others provide an acceptable customer charter / response - this includes efficient customer care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

DaDumTish wrote:
    It is actually comregs problem - they have to ensure BT and others provide an acceptable customer charter / response - this includes efficient customer care.

Correction, it should be comregs problem if they bothered to get of there arse and do something and get a bit of backbone instead of sleeping with with the telecoms companies TBH

shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eth0_ wrote:
    In fairness that's not comreg's problem. They're there to ensure BT provide phone and broadband service

and accurate billing too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭federerfan

I have just tried their 1904 number there and got through to a customer service rep within three minutes so you will be able to speak to someone.

WTF ! :mad:

We KNOW you can get through to 1904. Its only then you go on hold for 3 days, talk about missing the point.....sheeccch..

fedfan

Keyzer wrote:
    You think thats bad? You should deal with them for business accounts...
    They are the biggest shower of shytes I have ever encountered.
    Completely useless. If anyone who reads this is in the Telephony or IT dept etc. and your thinking of getting BT to do some work for you, avoid them like the plague.

There is not way they could be worse than Eircom corporate..... are they ?

Advertisement