Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Breakers Yard Airport

Options
  • 10-02-2006 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I need to source a fuel pipe for a 1999 Renault Laguna diesel engine (dti).Its a steel pipe and the part is one of four fuel feeds coming from the fuel pump to the cylinders.

At the moment I have the broken pipe bent to stop the diesel from spitting out, and I'm driving back and forth from Dublin to Westmeath on 3 cylinders. How long can I keep doing that without causing damage?

Is there a breakers yard near Dublin airport anywhere, or wheres the best place (if not airport, somewhere near mullingar - or an online site even?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Theres a breakers on Pinnock Hill between the Airport and Swords on the old N1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 easylife

is that airport roundabout, take right, past coachmans direction? how far? is it on the left or right and easily visible - might try that this morning -THANKS!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There are two breakers in Kilcock.
    If you are in the Village cross over the bridge and then take a left down along the canal. One is just 100m on the left, whilst the other (huge) is about 2km further on (about 200m beyone the M4 flyover)

Great- thanks! I'll try that on my way home if I've no joy with he one in swords!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

easylife wrote:
    is that airport roundabout, take right, past coachmans direction? how far? is it on the left or right and easily visible - might try that this morning -THANKS!

It's on the left hand side as you head down towards Swords, after the dip on the hill, you'll not miss it. Lots of bangers outside on the road.

• Advertisement

Thanks bluetonic but no joy at swords - going to try Kilcock on way home!

Advertisement