Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Patterson 15th Anniversary

• 10-02-2006 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

One of the most advanced bassists ever to play Metal passed away 15 years ago. Roger was behind Atheist's complex and frenetic sound and, tragically, only got to record one album before he died.

For anyone with an interest in superb technical Metal check out this tune from Atheist's website. For those of you familiar with Atheist the Unquestionable Presence re-release includes the demos of the album which feature Roger's playing of the UP tunes, they're well worth hearing. A remarkable talent.

R.I.P. Roger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i saw this on smn too
    its sad when anyone dies, but especially when its someone with such a talent as Roger had. Atheist were a great band, i wish i could see them at Wacken this year, even without Roger, but alas i cannot.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They're playing Bloodstock Open Air in Derby a fortnight before Wacken :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Going to see Atheist at Wacken (with Amon Aarth!:eek:).

Real shame he died, such a superb bassist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Damn, has it really been 15 years?

Fortnight before Wacken, uh Doc? Fancy seeing them twice? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i hate all you people who get to see them...all of you!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement