Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do AON actually hold the insurance monopoly now?

• 10-02-2006 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Having wicked problems here.

I am driving a 90cc Honda Shadow Scooter. I got it insured last year for the first time for a colossal 1500 third party ONLY.

Went to get my renewal this year to find that AON are now the only bike insurers in the country as far as I can see. They are only dropping my insurance by a messily €90.

Any body out there help me get cheaper insurance with only 1 years no claims bonus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You could try Carole Nash seeing as you have a ncb, but it'll depend on your age. There's nobody else mate, sorry-:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭keyran

murphaph wrote:
    You could try Carole Nash seeing as you have a ncb, but it'll depend on your age. There's nobody else mate, sorry-:mad:

Carole Nash used AON and Hibernian but now that Hibernian are out its still back to just AON. On top of that they told me I need 3 years no claims.

Dam country if you do a search in the UK you can get lists of 100s of insurers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Afaik Carole Nash are a seperate insurer to AON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Slaanesh wrote:
    Afaik Carole Nash are a seperate insurer to AON.

I think they use Sun & Royal Alliance in the Uk. I'd have to check my policey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

keyran wrote:
    Carole Nash used AON and Hibernian but now that Hibernian are out its still back to just AON.

Nope, there are 2 insurance companies Aon and Carole Nash.
    Aon used Hibernian as their underwriters, hibernian have left the market so Aon are now using AXA. Carole Nash use Royal &sun alliance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

PBergin is right.
    Carol Nash used to take on new busineess without a NCB but you where restricted by the type of bike, group 12 I think was the max.

They gave 3rd party only which is a joke, I had a ZX6-R nicked with 3rd party only cover, Kick in the Boll1x!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dan_B wrote:
    PBergin is right.
    Carol Nash used to take on new busineess without a NCB but you where restricted by the type of bike, group 12 I think was the max.

They gave 3rd party only which is a joke, I had a ZX6-R nicked with 3rd party only cover, Kick in the Boll1x!!

I was offered full coverage with several bikes with them, I allways opted for the 3rd party though, full coverage is far too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have the same bike, the Shadow. I've had it for 3 years, with no claims, on a provisional (I know, I should've done the test by now) but my insurance is just under €500 TP. I'm just about to turn 30 though (can't believe I'm looking forward to it) and most of my insurance quotes seem to drop by around 40% after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Lucking for insurance help, I have recently purchased a "1999" Honda NSR 80 on the cheap from a workmate was hoping that it would be a cheap way of getting around and in and out from work but I got a quote from AON today that is way out of my price range.

Here's my insurance criteria so you's in the know can assess my situation and maybe coment on the fairness of my quote or suggest an alternative.

19 year old male, 1st provisional licence, living in Leixlip Co. Kildare with third party insurance non fire and theft on a 1999 Honda NSR 80 €4208

can this be right:confused:, I'm going to try Carole Nash tomorrow.

Advertisement