Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time for a new party?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

ISAW wrote:
    You cant tell people they shouldnt support any party. Well you can but you cant force them to keep their own money or effort.
    People donate money.
    Businesses invest money.

The difference is subtle but important.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nevada

dathi1 wrote:
    This is the same party who cast the die with Nice on exclusive uncontrolled immigration with their Union counterparts and now have the cheek to fight for "workers rights" etc.
    Civil war politics, neo liberal europhiles and gravy train merchants. FF FG Lab SF and get sick...the greens.

We need a proper Irish National Party who will fight the overpowering encroachment of Brussels and keep controls on our borders. A Free market economy but not to the detriment and living standards of Irish nationals. Some along the lines of Pym Fotyn's Party in Holland.

Hear Hear we need a party that is euro and immigration sceptical.

The lack of such a party given the mood of the people is a national embarassment. Call it the Irish Peoples Party. Every other European country has this representation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

Nevada wrote:
    Hear Hear we need a party that is euro and immigration sceptical.

The lack of such a party given the mood of the people is a national embarassment. Call it the Irish Peoples Party. Every other European country has this representation

You mean Justin Barrett's lot? See there is a party that fits the bill, but it's support base consists of 15 people in Offaly who don't eat pasta cause it's "foreign" and a goat called gerald.

If there was such a demand for such a party in Ireland Barrett would have more support, Ipso facto he doesn't therefore your claim about "the mood" of the people, is wishful thinking.

Freelancer wrote:
    You mean Justin Barrett's lot? See there is a party that fits the bill, but it's support base consists of 15 people in Offaly who don't eat pasta cause it's "foreign" and a goat called gerald.

If there was such a demand for such a party in Ireland Barrett would have more support, Ipso facto he doesn't therefore your claim about "the mood" of the people, is wishful thinking.

Who are "Justin Barretts" lot. Inform me?

Nevada wrote:
    Who are "Justin Barretts" lot. Inform me?
    http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Justin_Barrett

And hey, the poisonous jug eared dwarf is running in 2007. Someone for you to get behind.

• Advertisement

Freelancer wrote:
    http://www.politics.ie/wiki/index.php?title=Justin_Barrett

And hey, the poisonous jug eared dwarf is running in 2007. Someone for you to get behind.

Looked him up but it states his website is inactive. So how serious can he be?
    Also the holy roller stuff means he is not the man for me.

Who else to fill the void then?

Nevada wrote:
    Looked him up but it states his website is inactive. So how serious can he be?
    Also the holy roller stuff means he is not the man for me.

Who else to fill the void then?

He's it.

See for all your pompous claims about the mood of the people being euro skeptic and anti immirgration, himself and Aine Ni whatsherface, these are the faces that represent your position. And the fact of the matter is, they do shocking in the polls. Which would suggest you're badly misjudging the "mood" of the Irish people, and the anti immirgration and racist lobby is well satisifed with the shower in the main parties.

So you get off your arse and set up your own party, I hear Robert Kilroy Silk is looking for a job.

Freelancer wrote:
    He's it.

See for all your pompous claims about the mood of the people being euro skeptic and anti immirgration, himself and Aine Ni whatsherface, these are the faces that represent your position. And the fact of the matter is, they do shocking in the polls. Which would suggest you're badly misjudging the "mood" of the Irish people, and the anti immirgration and racist lobby is well satisifed with the shower in the main parties.

So you get off your arse and set up your own party, I hear Robert Kilroy Silk is looking for a job.

Robert Kilroy Silk. Who he?

"off your arse" Whos that??

Nevada wrote:
    Robert Kilroy Silk. Who he?

For someone who see's fit to comment on the national "mood" and how "Every other European country has this representation" you don't seem to have the first clue about national or international politics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kilroy_Silk

Kilroy Silk was head of UKiP for a time (a shower of clueless muppets, who are the UK's EU independence party)
    "off your arse" Whos that??

You. As in, if you with your keen judge of the national mood, and how the Irish people are crying out for, a EU sceptic and Immirgration control party, that is also very secular, why don't you get up of your arse and set it up?

With your firm grasp of the political landscape you're a shoe in for the EU elections (psst, they're next year). Mind you, someone who won't even go to the trouble to google or wiki two names, doesn't strike me as someone with the get up and go to run their own party.

Freelancer wrote:

With your firm grasp of the political landscape you're a shoe in for the EU elections (psst, they're next year). Mind you, someone who won't even go to the trouble to google or wiki two names, doesn't strike me as someone with the get up and go to run their own party.

I dont like politicians much anyway. I would prefer we move to the old idea of having "representatives". Representatives that represent that is.

You only mention marginal characters. I would like an Irish Peoples Party similiar to Frances Front Nationale 20% of that nations vote and rising.

I have heard of them, there is a prototype

• Advertisement

Nevada wrote:
    I dont like politicians much anyway. I would prefer we move to the old idea of having "representatives". Representatives that represent that is.

Wow a glib and meaningless soundbite, are you sure you're not a politican?
    You only mention marginal characters. I would like an Irish Peoples Party similiar to Frances Front Nationale 20% of that nations vote and rising.

I have heard of them, there is a prototype

And again once around the goldfish bowl. They are marginal characters because no one votes for them. The Front Nationale is getting 20% of the vote because people agree with them and their policies. Barrett gets shag all support because the main parties here have anti immigration policies that suit the electorate.

So, and I feel you are struggling to grasp this, so I'll say it slowly, there is no secular anti immirgration, euro skeptic party because there isn't the demand for one. Your bluster about "the mood" of the people is simply that, bluster.

Freelancer what say you and me build this party and watch those votes come, 80% by indication. A large enough number to allow us tribunal the current lot for bogus representation and democratic fraud.

Let us restore democracy in this fair land.

Nevada wrote:
    Freelancer what say you and me build this party and watch those votes come, 80% by indication.

Where are you pulling that figure out from?

Um you do realise that your army of lego men cannot vote, even if you've given them all names and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

So, and I feel you are struggling to grasp this, so I'll say it slowly, there is no secular anti immirgration, euro skeptic party because there isn't the demand for one. Your bluster about "the mood" of the people is simply that, bluster.
    Did you poll this yourself? You create a market by giving something that people desire. No one party is going to pull support on a single issue but given recent polls 80% want EU accession immigration controlled as is the case elsewhere in Europe. The referendum on citizenship?? well we all remember the RTE post poll afterwards.
    Now you said Euro sceptic.....another poll said the EU Federalist constitution woukd be rejected by a massive majority!
    So that 1 + 2 in the bag. So here's where we start:
    We Need:
    IMMIGRATION - time to say ENOUGH!
    EUROPE - No Federal Superstate
    LAW AND ORDER - crack down on crime! ( mandatory military service and Community work)
    ECONOMY - Irish workers first!
    EDUCATION - discipline, standards, achievement!
    AGRICULTURE - quality before quantity!
    HEALTH - first-class healthcare for all!
    TRANSPORT - Transport Czar
    ENVIRONMENT - Crop fuels / Tax free electric vehicles
    FOREIGN AID - time to spend our money on our own people! (rehab etc)
    PENSIONERS - pensioners before asylum seekers!
    DEMOCRACY - Local councillors elected on a yearly basis ...no unelected county managers. Gardai preforma etc

Vote for The Irish National Party

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

dathi1 wrote:
    ...sounds more like the British National Party (BNP) to me.

dathi1 wrote:
    Did you poll this yourself? You create a market by giving something that people desire. No one party is going to pull support on a single issue but given recent polls 80%

Where's this poll coming from? Facts? Figures? Source?
    want EU accession immigration controlled as is the case elsewhere in Europe. The referendum on citizenship?? well we all remember the RTE post poll afterwards.

Source?
    Now you said Euro sceptic.....another poll said the EU Federalist constitution woukd be rejected by a massive majority!

Possibly thats got more to do with shoddy eu pr rather than anything else.
    We Need:

Why? Who's going to work in our economic situation crying out for work?

What alternative do you suggest?
    LAW AND ORDER - crack down on crime! ( mandatory military service and Community work)

And who pays for this two year miltary service, and what exactly do they do?

We're currently undergoing a workers shortage how do we make this work?

And how does this work, the above is a soundbite?

And what does the above mean?

And how will this be funded and resolved?

To do......?

How will the above ease a massive transport crisis?

How very christian.....

Care to give a example of pensioners being put behind asylum seekers?
    DEMOCRACY - Local councillors elected on a yearly basis ...no unelected county managers. Gardai preforma etc

Because people who need to fight to keep their jobs every year can really commit to long term tough economy policy?

Your policies reek of hamfisted idealistic ill thought out purile nonsense....

JUSTIN BARRETT WAS A BETTER DANCER THAN CHURCHILL A BETTER SINGER THAN CHURCHILL AND A BETTER PAINTER THAN CHURCHILL. TWO COATS!!! TWO COATS IN A SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

dathi1 wrote:
    We Need:

Oh dear god. Thats nearly as bad as Sinn Fein policies:D
    Ok everything said there is hilarious, but on one issue - pleaseee tell me where we're going to get the workers if we dont have immigration??? go out and meet some chinnese and poles etc. nice people.
    Please read over your mandate above and tell me where the answers to the countries problems are! oh wait, look health care - first-class healthcare for all! good one!!!
    Maybe we should go back to the good ol days pre 1980s - we all hated the brits, went to church and there wasnt a foreigner to be seen!

Ok everything said there is hilarious, but on one issue - pleaseee tell me where we're going to get the workers if we dont have immigration???
    If you open the 2 holes on the front of your face you will see that the first line says:Time to say enough! Now where does it say anything absolutist about immigration???
    Oh dear god. Thats nearly as bad as Sinn Fein policies
    Sinn Fein would be right up your street.:D ...they want total uncontrolled immigration too. Besides the INP would be very pro market economy and very progressive on the business front. But everything would be done to favour Irish Workers and businesses alike. 12% corp tax would remain and Brussels would be told to take a hike like it or not.
    Where's this poll coming from? Facts? Figures? Source?
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/front/2006/0123/3166143057HM1MAINPOLL.html
    We all know the outcome of the citezenship referendum but I'll dig the RTE poll up for you later. I love the soundbites after my manifesto...very cheap :)
    Please read over your mandate above and tell me where the answers to the countries problems are! oh wait, look health care - first-class healthcare for all! good one!!!
    Well if you think the minister for mushrooms is doing a good job well I'm glad you're living in your own universe.
    ...sounds more like the British National Party (BNP) to me.
    They're a homophobic backward looking economic wise and made up of former 30's style NF members. The Scotish National Party are a National party too (not me cup of tea politically) But because they're the "SNP" you'ld make that comparison too?! Again the INP would be Pim Fortynist in outlook. It would send shivers up the fifty something neo liberal Europhilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

You all say that we need x amount of immigration to keep the economy running at the rate it's going. You do understand that we won't be able to sustain this for much longer? And those that want to see more immigration to help the economy or whatever, are the greedy people of the world today. It's all about money when you think about it. A materialistic world we live in where your status is set by how much you own.

A return to old traditional values is idealistic, I know, but in the long run that is what is needed for the country. The numbers of farmers are dropping considerbly which is a sad enough sight one would have to admit. Mr Roche is a shambles of a Minister and needs to be removed. We see Castles being destroyed. We see hotels being constructed beside historic sites. We see plans for a motorway to pass near Tara.

It is about profit, nothing else.

Dathi, our problems are not because of foreign workers or brussals. its just the policies of parties. fixing our health care and improving our education will not be achieved by going on and on about immigrants and brussals. thats the problem with the UKIP or an Irish national party. people avoid them because of their no, no, no mentality. something very similar to paisley up north. instead of saying no to everything that comes out of brussals, read it, examine it and debate it, then make a decision. the problem with the EU constitution was there was NO debate. it came down to - vote yes for a federal europe, vote no for the opposite. but that wasnt what it was about (IMO).
    i dont want a federal europe, but i can also recognise what europe can do for us and some of the ideals it holds. if there was to be a new party, whatever the name of it is, i hope it would be intelligent enough to examine everything and to not just say no to everything or to play on peoples fears about europe and immigrants. i would hope that if i voted for this new party into the european parliament, that it would make its case known and to vote for whats best for us all. and to not just say no - it could lead us to a federal europe. its like the DUP saying vote no - it could lead us to a united ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

IMMIGRATION - time to say ENOUGH! Xenophobe
    EUROPE - No Federal Superstate Xenophobe
    LAW AND ORDER - crack down on crime! ( mandatory military service and Community work) communist
    ECONOMY - Irish workers first! Xenophobe
    EDUCATION - discipline, standards, achievement! sound byte
    AGRICULTURE - quality before quantity! sound byte
    HEALTH - first-class healthcare for all! sound byte
    TRANSPORT - Transport Czar :confused: huh?
    ENVIRONMENT - Crop fuels / Tax free electric vehicles ***JACKPOT***
    FOREIGN AID - time to spend our money on our own people! (rehab etc)Xenophobe
    PENSIONERS - pensioners before asylum seekers! Xenophobe
    DEMOCRACY - Local councillors elected on a yearly basis ...no unelected county managers. Gardai preforma etc :eek: non-stop election campaigns

Vote for The Irish National Party nope!

Not for 1 policy out of 8.

It is about profit, nothing else.

well then go and sell up eveything you own and do something about it! i want profit. i want money. I want great roads and a booming economy!

You want great roads at the expense of our heritage? Embarrassing to say the least IVAN.

health care and improving our education will not be achieved by going on and on about immigrants and brussals
    I totally agree...they're two seperate issues as stated above.
    UKIP or an Irish national party
    again I havent set up UKIP policies anywhere...arent they for total EU withdrawl? Thats stupid.
    instead of saying no to everything that comes out of brussals, read it, examine it and debate it, then make a decision.
    I agree....remember NICE rerun? EU economic pact no federal superstate.
    but i can also recognise what europe can do for us and some of the ideals it holds
    I agree
    everything or to play on peoples fears about europe and immigrants.
    No I wouldn't go down that road either..But if you put forward ideas on immigration control..Like they have in the USA, Australia, Singapore etc....you get the above..racist! racist!. A new party is need to bring in immigration control.. not open border serve SIPTU, IBEC short term gain gang. On Islamification should we make the same mistakes as Denmark / Germany ? UK??

You want great roads at the expense of our heritage? Embarrassing to say the least IVAN.

OK maybe im going too far with that. of course i wouldnt want great roads at the expense of our heritage. im just fearful when someone brings up the 'get back to traditional ideals'. i dont really want to go back to the ideals of years ago, where the church ruled the country, everyone is a blind christain, women should stay at home, etc, etc. i hope we can be progressive, while we also protect our heritage.

I'm not religous in the slightest as I've no affiliation with any particular order. So you think that traditional values is a primarily Christain thing now?

I'm not religous in the slightest as I've no affiliation with any particular order. So you think that traditional values is a primarily Christain thing now?

Well yes actually, or at least its usually taken over by the christains. we our a christain country, so usually 'traditional values' means christain traditional values, just like an islamic countrys traditional values would be muslim traditional values. we our a christain country and we take our values from the christain religon!

just like an islamic countrys traditional values would be muslim traditional values.
    Which muslim country would that be?? Denmark or Norway?:D

Advertisement