Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed to use Netopia Wireless modem for Esat BT service

• 10-02-2006 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

i recently switched from Eircom wireless to Esat BT. I have been informed that by BT that they do not have any wireless modems for another 2 - 3 weeks. However i have been informed that i can use my old Netopia modem from Eircom. However tech support at BT cannot guide me in its installation and i have mis-placed the manual. Can anyone help please.

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Hi there,

i recently switched from Eircom wireless to Esat BT. I have been informed that by BT that they do not have any wireless modems for another 2 - 3 weeks. However i have been informed that i can use my old Netopia modem from Eircom. However tech support at BT cannot guide me in its installation and i have mis-placed the manual. Can anyone help please.

:eek:
    All you need to do is enter your new BT username/password instead of the Eircom ones.
    You don't need to change any other settings. I'm currently using one on BT and previously UTV.
    If you want to know how to change the username/password, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vkelly

Do you by any chance know BT's ISP Username and Password (for Eircom it's eircom and broadband1). I believe they are needed for the wireless router. I hope to be setting it up over the weekend. Thanks

Vkelly wrote:
    Do you by any chance know BT's ISP Username and Password (for Eircom it's eircom and broadband1). I believe they are needed for the wireless router. I hope to be setting it up over the weekend. Thanks
    You'll have to ring them.
    BT don't have default ones like Eircom. Each user either chooses them when signing or BT assign them. The are unique to each customer. If you don't remember the username/password you chose, ring BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 John Norton

Hiya. Thanks for this. I have entered the passwords and user names and am able to use the ethernet connection to the Netopia router, however i really want to be able to use the USB Wireless LAN card, which i have. Its also a Netopia card. How do i move from the ethernet connection to the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 John Norton

Hi. Thanks but i have entered the user name and password and can use the ethernet connection but not the Wireless LAN Card. I really want to be able to use the card. Any ideas as to why the USB Card may not be working.

• Advertisement

While connected to the router via ethernet cable, click this link to access the wireless page on your router.
    http://192.168.1.254/indexRES.htm?wirelessRES.htm
    Make sure that "Enable Wireless" is ticked.
    In the privacy drop-down box select "Off - No Privacy". This is just a temporary measure to setup the wireless connection. When the connection is up and running make sure to enable privacy to prevent others using the connection.
    Click "Save changes at the bottom and reboot the router when asked.
    Install the USB adapter. Double click the wireless icon in the system tray beside the clock and click connect.
    It should connect with the router.

Advertisement