Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems accessing website

Options
  • 10-02-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently launched a site and all is working ok. Except for one thing. We have an office in England and they are unable to view it...Any ideas why this may be happening....:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Plenty of ideas.

First things first, what is the error they're getting.

A shot in the dark, but if you only recently (i.e. today) mapped the hostname (e.g. www.somecompany.com) to point at the site on a different server, then the DNS servers haven't updated their cache yet.

What type of site is it - Internet, Intranet?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

It was hosted a couple of days ago. Its an Internet site

And the error that they're getting?

Can they ping the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

my bet is their internal lan has a domain entry that points those users to the lan server rather the internet website.

Or someone configured the DNS server in the English office as the Primary Server for that Zone, and it doesn't have a (correct) entry for www.

• Advertisement
Advertisement