Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aligning Tables...

Options
  • 10-02-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have to redesign a website for a company that I'm on work experience with. I know what it is I want to do, but I can't figure out how to do it. I'm not a pro by any means, but I can definitely improve on the current website.

Okay the current website is this: http://www.swordrisk.com/asp/index.asp

What I want to do is align the logo, links bar etc to the top and left of the screen like it is on the curren website. I've tried this in dreamweaver with tables but it always leaves a gap. Can anyone help with this!? Please!? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Bluh? Where's the gap? at the top/left of the page?
    You should be able to set the page margin & padding to zero easily enough in DW.
    The answer is in the question tbh, have a look at that sites html... notice this bit:
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" rightmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

That's how they've done it (if I'm understanding your question properly), although it still doesn't remove the margins in Firefox.

tbh I'd use CSS instead... try sticking this in the <head> of your html doc
    <style type="text/css">
    body  {
     margin: 0px; 
     padding: 0px; 
    }
    </style>

Also make sure you're killing the tables own padding/cell-spacing.
    You could post the html here if you're still having problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

That worked perfect! Thanks a million! :D

Advertisement