Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shop that sells 9550 agp graphics card dublin?

Options
  • 10-02-2006 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Does any1 know a shop that sells the radeon agp radeon9550 128 or 256meg graphics card , in dublin , i wanna buy it in person , not at ONLINE store, would maplins or peats have it. i think, it direct sell,it, its on there site,4 90euro,256meg version.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you forgotten that the reason you're advised to buy online is so that you're not screwed over?
    Komplett sell
    • Superior Radeon 9600 256mb for €79.50
    • Even more superior Radeon 9600pro 256mb for €85.00
    • Infinitely more superior Radeon 9600xt 256mb for €82.00 (B-grade)
    €11 An Post delivery, and you get yourself an actual GPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

yeah,you are right i,ll go thru komplett.ie,thanks 4 the advice..ill get the 9600xt 256meg,82e , i,didnt notice those when i looked at thier site, they have lots a cards for 250euro, plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Holy ****...

Pc world has it for €69.99 d22 one anyway.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was in PC world today, they've really done a bit of an overhaul on their gfx prices thank god.

Radeon 9550 128mb 70 quid, still a crap price but they were charging about double that a few months ago. They also have a geforce 256mb 6200 for 80, and a 256mb FX5500 for 50. As I said, not great, but a hell of an improvement on what they were charging. They had a x800gt for 200 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

HavoK wrote:
    I was in PC world today, they've really done a bit of an overhaul on their gfx prices thank god.
    WTF??:eek:
    HavoK wrote:
    Radeon 9550 128mb 70 quid, still a crap price but they were charging about double that a few months ago. They also have a geforce 256mb 6200 for 80, and a 256mb FX5500 for 50.
    Could it really be true?:confused:
    HavoK wrote:
    As I said, not great, but a hell of an improvement on what they were charging.
    It's true... isn't it?:)
    HavoK wrote:
    They had a x800gt for 200 as well.
    Oh. Guess not!:rolleyes:

Ok, ok, it's actually not that bad (Komplett: €182)
    But an x800gto would be cheaper & better still!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah but the point being, if someone who knows nothing about computers wanders in and requests their card to be changed instore, they aren't going to get stung quite as badly as they would have previously....! :D

Loosing 20 quid in a store as opposed to buying online is generally acceptable really, but in the past they had cards that were over 100 quid more expensive then the online counterparts!

Pity they didn't update some of their other prices though. :rolleyes: :v:

oh BTW they had a 512mb 6200 for 130 in Maplins...advertised simply as a great card with a "Monster 512mb memory"....I just don't understand the point, a 128mb 6600 is probably still better, let alone a gt model which is about the same price incidentally. But loads of people will see the 512mb memory.....which is honestly pointless and makes no difference to the fact the 6200 is a poor card.....and snap it up thinking they got a hot deal.

Wonder how many ill-informed wannabe gamers are going to get stung by this one? :D

does anyone know,what is the price of the 9600xt, or 9600 pro in maplins shop ,in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

gamer wrote:
    Does any1 know a shop that sells the radeon agp radeon9550 128 or 256meg graphics card , in dublin , i wanna buy it in person , not at ONLINE store, would maplins or peats have it. i think, it direct sell,it, its on there site,4 90euro,256meg version.

Im selling a Sapphire x800 pro 256MB (AGP) with an Artic cooler Rev 4 if your interested. Im looking for about 200 euro. I live in Dublin 1 so no prob there.

thats above my budget,i,d spend 120max, cos im building an amd pc, with pci e slot,in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

http://www.marxcomputers.ie/

They're in fairview!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement