Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandora.com

Options
  • 13-01-2006 4:27am

Maybe,
    http://www.pandora.com/

I'm amazed and in shock. Wow:eek: This should be a sticky as it will be such help in broadening musical horizons.

Once again.
    Wow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

been using it for a while. amazing site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Papa Smut wrote:
    The most important internet discovery ever!

wow... been using it for a while there and I think you could actually be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Holy Moly, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Its a pretty good site but it can come up with some strange recomedatons such as The Devlins for My Bloody Valintine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i was very skepticle as there's a few sites like this that are just shoddy.

but this... is something else. even obscure artists are there. love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Yeah it works alright. Haven't had one duff tune yet and loving being able to discover new music that's right up my street.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Been using it all day every day for ages, it's fantastic...I love my slayer radio. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

please try this....stick in "john martyn" and see what you think of the selection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea, been using it for a while (right now infact), one of the best sites ever. So simple and effective. It 'just works'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You click that you don't like a song and they do not play that type of stuff anymore. It's always getting better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Papa Smut wrote:
    Maybe,
    http://www.pandora.com/

I'm amazed and in shock. Wow:eek: This should be a sticky as it will be such help in broadening musical horizons.

Once again.
    Wow.

:rolleyes: omg music on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ha ha!! never?!?!

So, I'm informing people of a site that (IMO) could broaden their musical horizons and you have a problem with that? It's a tad more important than "music on the internet".
    You come across as smug.
    Thats quite an achievement on the internet.
    http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?op=article&article_id=2303028#top :p

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

this rocks, rocks i have just created bladetrinity radio 007 you can share like minded interests im lovin it.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Helper_Monkey

This is my (pandora) station. Its a mix of all the greats of the 70's, from english folk bands Fotheringay and Fairport Convention (both exhibiting the amazing talents of the angelic Sandy Denny), to Jimmy Hendrix to Bob Dylan:

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh8394689

and you can always change it to suit your tastes.

Pandora for president.

(is it time for pandora sticky?)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Its a pretty good site but it can come up with some strange recomedatons such as The Devlins for My Bloody Valintine

I just tried MBV too... and i got a recommencdation of ".38 special"! Countrified 80's stadium rock. Just the sort of thing a My Bloody Valentine fan would like all right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

have you even tried this site? it offers a bit more than just music. it is a great resource for discovering new bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I like it. I'm into some weird **** and I've discovered 3 great new artists in the last 10 minutes. Thumbs up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cheap sheep

This has to be one of the greatest websites ever!

Fair play for sticking it on:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I presumed this would be like http://www.gnoosic.com/

Suggests similar artists. But you actively have to go out and search for the CD's or download a couple of MP3s.

But it's a radio station? Cool. Must violate some copyrights somewhere. Having all that music there for you to freely listen to.

I'll be hanging onto this even if its just for when I'm at a computer without my music on it. Just type in The Walkmen and I've got my favourite bands tracks available on the spot.

• Advertisement

But it's a radio station? Cool. Must violate some copyrights somewhere. Having all that music there for you to freely listen to.
    Think it is illegal outside of america, dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Great find,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Bottom Inspector TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah just happened to check the place out yesterday after someone mentioned it in a PM....I was very surprised by the diversity of stuff they have...high quality stream and doesn't seem to eat much bandwidth either, however they managed that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Apparently I like music with electric rock instrumentation, a punk influence, mild rhythmic sycopation, a vocal-centric aesthetic and major key tonality. :p

EDIT/ Let the thread-merging commence

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magpie wrote:
    EDIT/ Let the thread-merging commence
    Indeedio!

... merged!

Excellent site though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

How do you keep listening without regestering?

I want to use it but i can't register because of living in Ireland.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just google for a random ZIP code....it's not as if they'll call round to make sure you live there. A ZIP will consist of two letters denoting state (TX=Texas for example) and 5 numbers.

Advertisement