Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necklace

Options
  • 10-02-2006 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Is there any type of bead stores where I can get a necklace restrung?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

If it's a good pearl necklace it needs to be professionally restrung by a reputable jewellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Orionetheus

No it's wooden beads I got on my Habitat for humanity trip.....great sentimental value to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

I would say first of all take a photograph of it/note the order and size gradation of the beads before anyone takes it apart, as it's of sentimental value.

If the clasp is very worn, replace that as well as the string.
    You could ask at a bead shop if they will do it/recommend someone (see sticky in this forum).

Failing that maybe ask at an art college.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

If you go to blackrock market (assuming you live in or near dublin), go into the bead shop up the top at the back of the market, they will fix it for you and will probably do it on the spot if its a simple necklace and theyre not too busy :)

they also do pearls, professionally

Advertisement