Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any news on psp 2.01 downgrader?

• 10-02-2006 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Any news on psp 2.01 homebrew downgrader?
    Im aware that it was cracked, but is there a downgrader available?
    I await in anticipation...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nope they arent interested in creating a downgrader. It's all about the Homebrew and not ISO emulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nope. The hacks they're using at the moment do not allow access to the flash memory that the firmware is stored on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

2.x firmware works diffrently to 2.0 so you can't downgrade (sony were hardly going to leave that hole open) so instead the idea is to load old firmware ON TOP of the current firmware in "virtual memory" and run homebrew apps on that. when you restart your psp the memory is wiped and you have to load it up again to run more homebrew :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

so instead the idea is to load old firmware ON TOP of the current firmware in "virtual memory" and run homebrew apps on that. when you restart your psp the memory is wiped and you have to load it up again to run more homebrew :)

that is not how it works at all.
    1)there is a firmware emulator that loads firmwares, its for v1.0 and v1.5 and is used to enhance the multi-media functions of earlier firmwares.

2)Homebrew on v2.01, v2.5 and v2.6 works through the gta savegame exploit. it has nothing to do with loading old frimware.

The reason that fanjita and others are not interested in anything other than small homebrew apps/games and emus is that soy aren't as pushed to stop them as they would be if there were iso loaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

4Xcut wrote:
    1)there is a firmware emulator that loads firmwares, its for v1.0 and v1.5 and is used to enhance the multi-media functions of earlier firmwares.

2)Homebrew on v2.01, v2.5 and v2.6 works through the gta savegame exploit. it has nothing to do with loading old frimware.

The reason that fanjita and others are not interested in anything other than small homebrew apps/games and emus is that soy aren't as pushed to stop them as they would be if there were iso loaders

i was just looking at a firmware loader for 2.5 yesterday. dunno if it's the fanjita yoke or not. i've been fairly "out-of-the-loop" of late since.. well, i don't care anymore. homebrew isn't as much fun as it's cracked up to be tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The only loader available for 2.01/2.5/2.6 is Fanjita's eLoader -- i.e. the GTA hack. The only homebrew I am really interested in at the moment is ScummVM, but sadly it doesn't work with the loader. Yet. A really old beta version works but crashes a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

4Xcut wrote:

Nah, he's right chief. There's been a lot of talk of running firmware 1.5 from a mem stick then running old school homebrew from that.

It would work through the Fanjita eLoader. It's perfectly plausible but would take MASSIVE BRAINS to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

but what may soon be and what now is are two different things.

the best hope is the dualboot of two firmwares and either can be booted idea imho. team emergncy exit are working on it atm. its slow but apperently it is quite possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

a downgrader would be savage, or even an iso loader on 2.1 +

Homebrew is now coming on iso files, you can get them form ebay etc and the file format is iso, havnt bought any myself but a mate did for his 1.5 psp.

I hate the way everyone goes blamo when iso are mentioned its not all hacked games......and this coming from the people who more then likely do other illegal stuff like dling movies,mp3s etc.....its practically the same thing......the same crime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

no point downgrading, all new games are 2.00+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Advertisement