Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abandoned Bike - Want to change it into my name

• 10-02-2006 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

A Chairde,

A bike has been abandoned in the underground carpark of my job for the last two years, many mails have been sent to staff , to ask owner to move it, but no replies.

As the carpark is being cleared, it will be scrapped, have asked can have it and no problems there ....

But as do not know who owner is, how can I get t canged into my name ??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

think you will have to talk to the guards about this

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

If you know someone who works in a garage get them to apply for a logbook. Only need reg and VIN number, they'll get one no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭celt2005

Madrab,

Guards normally not too receptive to me , as I bike a lot, have a skinhead, and Dublin Acco does,nt endear me to them either

Merlinsman,

Thanks for the advice, will check into this, and get back to thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd go with Madrab on this and ask the cops- what if you get the docs and change it into your name only to be pulled over cos it was used in a bank job or something! :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

out of curiosity - what year and type of bike is it.

will you have to work on it much - nice project.

wonder why it was just left ??

nice one :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

If it's a Harley it's mine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

If you know someone who works in a garage get them to apply for a logbook. Only need reg and VIN number,
    this is true as long as you have the reg number , vin number is not so important .
    apply for a new log book with your name on it.
    i would also get a letter from your boss saying it has been abandoned just to cover Ur basses. you don't want to fix it up only to have the old owner come and ask for it back..
    also give the reg number to the guards have them do a check on it.
    just in case it was used in any Criminal actives

Advertisement