Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well the self proclaimed 'best player in Africa' looks a tit now

• 10-02-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

Drogba insists he's the best on the continent ahead of the African Nations Cup final then procedes to miss a hatful of chances, including an open goal and a crucial penalty to help Egypt win the cup.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He called himself that?
    Idiot.

It's clearly Viera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

hahah Clearly!

Samuel Eto'o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Tehe... liked that did ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

yeah, that guy has a real big mouth. good players of course do their talking on the pitch.
    i read in the paper, his claim is that eto'o has better PR management but Drogba is the better player.
    aye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

zabbo wrote:
    hahah Clearly!

Samuel Eto'o
    What he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Drogba isnt even close to Et'o, and looking at him in the African Cup of Nations, he was even more ordinary that he is in the Premiership. There's a lot to be said for being made look good when surrounded by a team of Chelsea's calibre.

IMO He wouldn't even start in a fully-fit Chelsea squad. Crespo is by far a better player and finisher than this idiot would be in his wildest dreams. And I'm also a fan of Eidur G. There are far better players than Drogba from Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In his own words;

"I believe I am the best player in Africa and I am going to prove it tomorrow," said Drogba

He added: "I want to win this title, but not only that I also want to be the tournament's top scorer, so expect some goals from me."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

reminds me of audley harrison, arrogant big mouthed fool...who ultimately fails, much to my delight
    i also rate crespo (though he does miss some sitters) and gudjohnsen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Seaneh wrote:
    It's clearly Viera.

Damn! Beat me to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

bruachain wrote:
    Drogba isnt even close to Et'o, and looking at him in the African Cup of Nations, he was even more ordinary that he is in the Premiership. There's a lot to be said for being made look good when surrounded by a team of Chelsea's calibre.

IMO He wouldn't even start in a fully-fit Chelsea squad. Crespo is by far a better player and finisher than this idiot would be in his wildest dreams. And I'm also a fan of Eidur G. There are far better players than Drogba from Africa.

Not sure about this. I've said it countless times before: Drogba plays a very important role for Chelsea. The fact that Frankie Lampard and co score alot of goals from midfield is largely down to Drogba winning and holding up the ball from long balls out of defence.

He gives Chelsea a whole new dimension and different way to attack. He also has a fairly good record this season, something like ten goals and five or six assists in 20 starts or something.

He's certainly nowhere near the 'failure' that some people label him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

yes he plays an important role for chelsea as does peter crouch for liverpool..yet you dont see peter crouch proclaiming he is the best english player. I think the 25 million chelsea overpaid for him (10million was what juve would have gone to in terms of valuation ) has made him big headed.
    He is certainly effective for jose's chelski yet does anyone remember his miss against liverpool in the final minutes of the champions leage semi last year? crespo would have scored it and as they say the rest would be history!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I remember Gudjohnsen pulling the ball wide to an open goal at the very death. Did Drogba miss a sitter at the end that night too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Lemlin wrote:
    I remember Gudjohnsen pulling the ball wide to an open goal at the very death. Did Drogba miss a sitter at the end that night too?

I was delighted for Gudjohnsen. Rated him very highly as a player and someone I would have loved Rafa to sign. But in the previous leg he dived, got Xabi Alonso booked(Alonso was a card away from missing the next game) and then taunted him in the press about it. Left a bitter taste in the mouth.

Drogba is a cart horse that does offer something different to Chelseas game but there are many better strikers in the African nations. Some of his misses are laughable for a £25 mil striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Obligatory ''Didier Drogba is a muppet'' post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Never liked the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

he is good at falling down, an feigning injury. he can put hmself into a decent position to upset defenders but isn't a good striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've never really liked him, not because I think he's crap but because of his attitude, he's always been a whiney prima donna. I agree with Lemlin though, Chelsea miss his presence up front. As much as I think Crespo is better, Drogba holds the play up more and lets defences know he's around. To say you're the best player in Africa is just blatent arrogance, and I'm glad he missed a penalty and lost in the final. Time to learn some humility Drog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

nothing to do with what he said or anything, i don't think he's that good...he's improved hugely at chelsea, but certainly when he joined he was nothing more than average...not a patch on et'o...or crespo at chelsea imo.

Advertisement