Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Auto

Options
  • 10-02-2006 8:52pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Having finished King Kong and given up on ever liking Perfect Dark 0 I decided to take Gamestop up on its offer of trade in 2 360 games and get one for 99c.
    I went for Full Auto, having looked at the promo material and magazine previews thought it had enough promise to be a worthy game for my 360 collection.

Boy was I misinformed1

This game sucks, and sucks big time!

I popped it in and went for a quick race, not much choice there I thought and the control layout is a little off, but I persisted thinking maybe I was being a bit picky, but no it didn't get any better.
    Went for career mode, figuring maybe I have to unlock some stuff to get the most out of this,
    nope, not that either, it is like a throwback to the Xbox launch, not disimillar from Wreckless.
    The graphics aren't bad but are no better than Burnout revenge on the Xbox and PS2, the framerate also suffers when you engage in the titles big idea, that is blowing stuff up as you race about.
    The other big idea is the reversing of time feature that allows you to "unwreck" your car when you screw up, as in Prince of Persia, it sits on top of this game as illfitting as a slice of beetroot on a birthday cake, not a thing you dislike, but in its place please!

Don't be fooled into thinking this is worth having, it's not.
    As I said the latest Burnout is better than this, in fact Burnout 2 is better than this pile of poo.

The cars handling is incredible too, that is it is beyond belief that they would try and shovel a Crazy Taxi handling model into our laps like a steaming loaf, just pinched off. It was por enough in the Dreamcast "classic" but here it just feels like the team were too lazy to do it properly, as the Burnout team have consistently done, arcade handling that is still convincing.

I did not get to try out the multiplayer but I can only guess that it sucks also, but I am willing to be overruled on this point.

I am of to Gamestop tomorrow, Full Auto in hand to look for Tiger Woods instead and best of luck to all those who like me have taken the plunge before waiting for the reviews.

One other thing, I watched Gamer TV this evening and what do you know, they reviewed Full Auto and gave it 4/5, I must find out what game they were playing, because my copies gameplay and graphics were so broken I reckon I got given an unfinished version or something, Full Auto 0.5 so to speak.

I really, if asked, only give this 2/5 at best.
    If its automotive combat you want dig out Rollcage, Rollcage 2 or Twisted Metal for your PS1, and for the proper way to do this Interstate '76 on the PC, never done as well as there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

well then will you be selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

well then will you be selling it?

/suspects someone paid very selective attention to the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hmmm.. you DIDNT play the demo first?? :rolleyes:

i think i would really love this game sorta looks like 187 ride or die and i liked that game

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Having seen the demo on a friend's 360 I can safely say I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot bargepole.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Truely, the game is all that is wrong with launch window games, rushing out games that are created by commitee,
    "What are the hip kids playing?"
    "Burnout, Prince of Persia and action shooty type games"
    "Well hey, lets just take the principles of each and bung a few million yen/dollars/euro at it and sell it on the 360"
    "Great idea boss, but shouldn't restrict any reviews til after its release, just in case its crap?"
    "Good idea, now how many more nails do we need for the coffin of true innovation? Get me my hammer!"

Maybe it didn't go quite like this, but to see a great company like sega putting its name to this pie of dog droppings is way disappointing.

As for playing the demo, I should have but,
    i- Don't have broadband as I live a whole 10 miles fron this nations capital.
    ii- Don't want to buy the official 360 mag, I get Edge already, why bother?

Yup its stinks like Mr. Stinky from Stinkytown who has just won the "Most Stinky Award" for being stinky

ii- Don't want to buy the official 360 mag, I get Edge already, why bother?

it would have saved you paying full price for a crap game for a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it would have saved you paying full price for a crap game for a start!

Original poster:
    Having finished King Kong and given up on ever liking Perfect Dark 0 I decided to take Gamestop up on its offer of trade in 2 360 games and get one for 99c.

Still, id never buy a game, that hasnt got any reviews, i havnt played, or heard good things about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I didn't think the demo was that bad to be honest. Didn't make me want to buy the game but I've played a lot worse. The destructable environments seemed nice and there seemed to be a lot of action, although the handling was ****. It's not the sort of game you expect to be as refined as Project Gotham Racing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i would never buy a game without reading positive reviews about it first
    i tend to dislike demos, its hard to judge a game's worth on such a little snippet

I have the 360 Gamer mag and they have positive reviews about this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I have the 360 Gamer mag and they have positive reviews about this game.

Single format mags are always dodgy, especially when there's a shortage of games for the format. Eurogamer have what looks like a pretty fair review to me, based on my own experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

At the end of the day most single format games mags are there to make moiney and are beholden to the format they cover and therefore to the games publishers themselves.
    Always have a look at either the cover game or the game whose ad is the largest just inside the cover, this is the primo spot and costs the most, then see what sort of review score the game got, if there is a correlation, ditch the mag, the publisher just paid for a good review. It may not be the case in every situation but is a good rule of thumb.

And trust me, the game is pants, I have lots of games, a couple of hundred on nearly every system imaginable, and been playing games since '83 and IMHO this game is awful.

If you really want it, sure go get it, set your expectation low though, and for the gods sake, hang onto your receipt.

Actually a better idea has just popped into my head, just hold off buying this one for a fortnight, the preowned bays of gamestop and game are going to have plenty of copies of this one before too long, also expect it to be discounted in the not too distant future.

And warzonebrother, read more reviews, don't just trust one, I looked at two before I got the game on thursday and whiole my common sense alarm was clanging in my head I went ahead and bought it, happily I knew if ut turned out to be rubbish I had the option to return it, but the inconvenience was annoying.

I got caught on Perfect Dark 0 in the same way, although MS played an excellent game by preventing and reviews before the games launch, that is the most returned game by far.

Roll on the spring and some worthy releases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

by not having BB (I know it's not your fault) yer missing out on the best part of Perfect Dark. Single player is pants, but it's the best 360 xbox live game so far

i have ildana broadband but i cant play gaming :'( any1 know if i can get a good isp in monaghan/ballybay

Advertisement