Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Warrior vs Triple H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

feel sorry for him??? look how many great wrestlers he kept out of championship reigns since. then ask should he not be made suffer even more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's done pretty well since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

moongoose wrote:
    feel sorry for him??? look how many great wrestlers he kept out of championship reigns since. then ask should he not be made suffer even more?

He has also put over others when he needed to unlike Warrior who was only ever interested in money.

It's ridiculous to take a person's finisher and then stand up as if it was nothing.

I'm impressed his career was able to recover from that disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

HHH whether you like him or not has helped push people into the big time, he gave shelton his big push, he gave jeff hardy a big push, he started randy orton and batista as individual stars, he had some of the best feuds with rock,austin and foley, when people start with "he kept people down" they are talking out of their arse. warrior was a deluded egocentric twat and HHH is one of the best the business ever had, it's easy to see why he went on to build a better career but that was typical warrior crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

lol that was brilliant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

actually this is even funnier

http://www.youtube.com/?v=itn9Sg9zWOM

(if unintentionally so)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

OMG, he turned into a tool. Oh well his web website is very wired as well.

www.ultimatewarrior.com/

I have mixed feelings on Triple H. He has put guys over but some of the things written I can't agree with.
    He gave Jeff Hardy a big push? I have his little program with Jeff on tape. In the 2 matches, one where Hardy won and the other where Triple H won, the amount of offence Hardy got particuliarly in the second match where he lost did in no way put Hardy over.
    Orton got his wings clipped when he got jobbed after only a month after his first run began.

But he has had great feuds and consistant great matches. He has had a tremendous run too.

I have no desire to see him with the belt again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

jr hartley has said it all. topic closed.

the jeff hardy match wasn't to get jeff over as a dominant wrestler it was to plant the seed that jeff could compete with the big boys, like his ladder match with taker.
    if he was the big ego king everyone claims he wouldn't have jobbed to taker at wrestlemania X7, he would have wanted to end takers run, but he jobbed as required, same with his short title run from wmx8 to backlash when he lost the title Hogan, a man he had no reason to put over, hogan was over the hill when they put the belt on him it was farcical.
    most of this argument is based on the stretch where he held the title form steiner, and eventually lost to goldbegr, those two guys never deserved to wear the strap, thats why they didn't have it, even when goldberg won it was rubbish,
    Edge will hold the title again as i said before i view him as HHH's natural succesor, jericho was the first ever undisputed champion, and beat stone cold and the rock to hold the titles, he wasn't held back, his last big run was unsuccesful because the vince wanted to shove cena down our throat and so we didn't get the champ we wanted (not HHH's fault),Angle and HHH have traded matches back and forth and would make for an excellent wm main event.
    shelton will be huge again thanks in part to trips initial push.
    lets not forget that trip won his belts thanks to DX and Evolution (save for the wmx8 win) in other words he's needed to cheat to beat the good guy, he's never insisted on being put over as some unstoppable god like goldberg. sure he's centre circle but thats cause raw just doesn't have a heel of his magnitude, not even angle (and we're not talking wrestling here as angle is fantastic in the ring) can compete with the heel gimmick as he'll always be an american olympic hero in the back of peoples minds where trip has the ability to make his character genuinely unlikeable. he's not holding people back he's just the number one guy on raw right now and for the last few years which puts a target on his back.it's not his fault that his best feuds were so early in his career, he's still in his prime but foley and austin are retired and rock is gone on to greener pastures.

• Advertisement

Well he certainly achieved his goal in making Jeff Hardy not look like a dominant wrestler. He gave him nothing in the return match. But your right he's done his fair share of jobs and he's been compensated for it by having an unbelievably long run.
    And he has had great matches. Triple H in 2000 and the first half of 2001 was absolutely incredible in the ring. I dont think he's quite at that level anymore but he can still put on great matches.

I'm just tired of him.

If Triple H main events Wrestlemania this year as he is expected to, then it will be his fifth main event in a row.

I agree he has helped put people over but let's not kid ourselves. The guy has enormous clout within the company and the fact that he won't let anyone take the main event spot from under him is a disgrace.

Edge was proving himself a great heel champion and ratings were very high when he had the strap. He also put on great performances. If Triple H truly cared for the business, he would have let Edge remain champion but he has been obsessed with having Cena in the main event for the belt so Edge was tossed aside.

It's said that Triple H has been criticised by the wrestlers backstage over this and I'm not surprised.

He is abusing his power.

Well he certainly achieved his goal in making Jeff Hardy not look like a dominant wrestler. He gave him nothing in the return match. But your right he's done his fair share of jobs and he's been compensated for it by having an unbelievably long run.
    And he has had great matches. Triple H in 2000 and the first half of 2001 was absolutely incredible in the ring. I dont think he's quite at that level anymore but he can still put on great matches.

I'm just tired of him.
    thats completely understandable, he's the last of the super wrestler gang from the 98-2001 era of rock austin etc and he 's remained in the picture while others have come and gone, i was kinda bord of him as champ on his last run but thats why the batista angle worked so well i can't see him having as dominant a time this time around without evolution to fall back on.it won't lend itself to decent storys.
    as for mr nice guy yeah he's had aa title fight in the last 5 wm's but the whc fight at XIX was not a main event it didn't even come close in hype or planning it was a midcard match as will be his match against cena, their is only one main event and thats the title shot for the royal rumble winner (trip at x8, brock at x9, benoit at xx, batista at 21 and rey at 22).
    who would you have fight cena, the only other person is edge, and edge won't be allowed to defeat cena so you'd be stuck with cena as champ for another x months, you have to think about it logically, wwe won't allow edge get over cena, thats not HHH thats vince insisting he's right with the cena gimmick

thats completely understandable, he's the last of the super wrestler gang from the 98-2001 era of rock austin etc and he 's remained in the picture while others have come and gone, i was kinda bord of him as champ on his last run but thats why the batista angle worked so well i can't see him having as dominant a time this time around without evolution to fall back on.it won't lend itself to decent storys.
    as for mr nice guy yeah he's had aa title fight in the last 5 wm's but the whc fight at XIX was not a main event it didn't even come close in hype or planning it was a midcard match as will be his match against cena, their is only one main event and thats the title shot for the royal rumble winner (trip at x8, brock at x9, benoit at xx, batista at 21 and rey at 22).
    who would you have fight cena, the only other person is edge, and edge won't be allowed to defeat cena so you'd be stuck with cena as champ for another x months, you have to think about it logically, wwe won't allow edge get over cena, thats not HHH thats vince insisting he's right with the cena gimmick

If Triple H v Cena becomes a match for wrestlemania 22 and it will being that we are in the middle of the Triple H invitational tournament (I stole that off someone else) I bet you 20 euro it is not a midcard match. Are you on ?

i'm not confident enough to make that bet. :D
    but if i can explain myself, it has been the position of the royal rumble winner to get the main event slot every year.

i'm not confident enough to make that bet. :D

Smart move.

In WWE terms, it's classed as a main event due to the brand split. It was Raw's title match and he was in it. That's the main issue.

I would have kept the belt on Edge as he earned it. They could have done a number of things. They could have made a triple threat match for the belt with Edge, Cena and Triple H. They could have had Rey go to Raw to battle Edge. They could have allowed RVD battle Edge.

Hell, they could have made Cena heel if they wanted. There were a number of options to have gone for. They also could have went with Angle if they chose to keep him on Raw as a face...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Damn. In this video HHH looks white. Now he's the same colour as Warrior was back then. Can't be good for the skin long term...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Hell, they could have made Cena heel if they wanted.

don't be surprised if they do turn him heel pretty soon, maybe a double turn with Edge, Lita siding with Cena.

Advertisement