Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman: Blood Money

Options
  • 10-02-2006 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Finally its about to be released after been delayed for a year it is finally coming! I was looking forward to this game so much, i hope its not delayed again! What does everyone else think of it?? Does it appeal to you?? Anyone know the exact release date?? I know its out this month or next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

well i know nothing about this particular incarnation, though i have considered hitman to be a potentially decent franchise (though i've never played one)
    given that thief is dead, i may pick this up if the reviews are positive and it has an ambience that i dig. i assume its getting a pc release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

1st one was great, 2nd one was pretty good but the 3rd was just the same thing as the previous games but bigger. Didn't see the point in finishing it.

Might give this a try if it gets good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Huha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I could never really get into these games. Possibly because I was so bad at them. Kept on having to reload the levels. And the first one was jam packed with delicious bugs iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

by chance have you got screenshots or a release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I have it pre ordered on Play.com, the date has moved to 19 May but they still don't have a cover shot for it.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PC&title=565400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Heck, I forgot to play Contracts, was it any good?

I started with Silent Assassin, which was great (except for that snowy canyon mission), and I went back to try the original and couldn't get past mission one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

As the hitman franchise went, in my honest opinion the first one was the best one of them all. You had to use the money you earned to purchase your weapons and therefore be an actual hitman. In Blood money its going to be the same as the first, but to a greater degree. You WILL have to spend your hard earned cash and save as much as you can for example i think before you enter a level you have two choices of a level. Depending on how much money you have will determine which mission you do because you have to spend a certain amount on clothes,weapons,items,tools etc before you commence the mission to get the job done. If it is like this as it seems, this will be a very very interesting game!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Release date is the 26th (Friday week). PC demo is FINALLY out on Monday exclusively on Gamespot and elsewhere soon after, presumably.

Some screenies to whet your appetite(s). Click for big.

hitmonlee19gd.th.jpg

hitmonlee25cl.th.jpg

And my personal favourite:

hitmonyaya3tl.th.jpg

Ahhhh, this game is going to rip ass. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmmm...bout time really.

tho I've seen the release date as earlier than next friday in some places :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it is out on the 26th. thats it.

Any idea what the price for the PC version in Game is gonna be, Mr. Lhorg? It's 30 quid at play.com, but I don't see it being the same in the shoppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

about 40-45 id say. thats just a guess though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is it out on 360 on the same date?

Edit: Just seen it, £39.99 on Play.com for 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Ill be getting it on 360, I love this series.Trade in PDZ

[pc]

Amazing game. Only two levels into it with the first being a tutorial type but wow.

Looks great if yer rig can handle it but plays very well too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

Could you just say what its like compared to the older hitman games?

Meaning is it like 1, 2 or 3?

Is it dark?

I dont like it, it's a poor mans splinter cell.

Well, from the first two levels...I'm not sure how 'dark' it is.

Only played part of the first game and none of the second and none of Contracts.

BM looked a great game to get and I did.

It's still Hitman, you're still contracted to kill folk, the methods and ways have increased/changed [accidental deaths and all that from teh environment]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

kaimera wrote:
    It's still Hitman, you're still contracted to kill folk

Yeah thats good then. Nothing wrecked my head more about 2 and 3 than scouting for information and finding out about your roots. Your a hitman ffs who gives a f*ck about that stuff when you can garotte people!!!11oneone :cool:

• Advertisement

Splinter cell ftw!!1

I dont like it, it's a poor mans splinter cell.

This is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Kaimera, (if you didn't buy this online) how much did it set you back?

This is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Kaimera, (if you didn't buy this online) how much did it set you back?

It's not good though, The AI is bad, the visuals arn't impressive, The enemy's look crap, you cant actually do actions, theres no jump button, you just walk towards something and automatically hop over sh!t, you also cant control how you kill people, unlike splinter cell, and pistol bullets-even to the leg seem to be fatal in the first level, (which is gay)

Download the demo before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Got the demo last night. Only the first tutorial level but it rocks. Lots of little new features that make it great. And my god is it gory! I don't know if these count as spoilers but I'll use tags anyway:
    Try sneaking up on someone and killing someone with a knife and you grab their head and stab them in the neck and they struggle and gurgle. Or going straight up to someone who sees you while holding a syringe. Hit the fire button and you'll headbut them and then stab them in the eye with it. Or embedding a hammer in someones scull.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. And I'm finished college so my nights are free again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Any idea what the price for the PC version in Game is gonna be, Mr. Lhorg? It's 30 quid at play.com, but I don't see it being the same in the shoppies.
    got mine at play.com for 28.99 euros and game here is 44.99
    with play.com,no delivery charge and still get it to day as was posted on 23:rolleyes: :D:D

got mine at play.com for 28.99 euros and game here is 44.99
    with play.com,no delivery charge and still get it to day as was posted on 23:rolleyes: :D:D

Good stuff, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

This game promotes a negative stereotype and discriminates against the less follicly-challenged professionals in the industry - who, I might add, are in the majority.

I, for one, have a full head of lush, dark foliage as do many of my collegues, yet we are often overlooked in favour of the more aestheticly pleasing contractors.

It is time the games industry grew up and stopped objectifying hired guns as phallic icons and pubescent masturbatory aids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

* Mental Note: Never borrow SyxPak's mouse.

The movement restrictions did bother me on the previous games for a while but you quickly get used to it. Off to pick this up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

It runs terrible on my machine, 3700+, 2gb ram, 6800GS ....but still it fails to run above 15fps on 1024x768 with all settings set close enough to low :-s, disappointing...I was hoping it'd run at least on medium settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

[comma]

,,,,!

,, smile.gif
    [/comma]

Advertisement