Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman: Blood Money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It's not good though, The AI is bad, the visuals arn't impressive, The enemy's look crap, you cant actually do actions, theres no jump button, you just walk towards something and automatically hop over sh!t, you also cant control how you kill people, unlike splinter cell, and pistol bullets-even to the leg seem to be fatal in the first level, (which is gay)

Download the demo before you buy.
    What are you expecting from a tutorial level? :rolleyes:

Enemy is weak and completley dumbed down and the level is completley linear. In the full game you have can control how you kill people whatever way you want and complete the level whatever way you want.

Graphics and models look great BTW can't see what you are complaining about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

It runs terrible on my machine, 3700+, 2gb ram, 6800GS ....but still it fails to run above 15fps on 1024x768 with all settings set close enough to low :-s, disappointing...I was hoping it'd run at least on medium settings.

Boo.

I've it running sweetly on a mates laptop ffs with all the settings on high bar AA.
    2ghz centrino, 1.5gig ram and a 256meg x700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

It runs terrible on my machine, 3700+, 2gb ram, 6800GS ....but still it fails to run above 15fps on 1024x768 with all settings set close enough to low :-s, disappointing...I was hoping it'd run at least on medium settings.

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65166

They released a patch to sort out the fps problem, might sort it out for you.

Thats just a demo patch tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ciaran500 wrote:

Graphics and models look great BTW can't see what you are complaining about

If a game doesnt entertain a gamer within the first 10mins of play, I for one stop playing. And are those screenies supposed to impress me? they look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

If a game doesnt entertain a gamer within the first 10mins of play, I for one stop playing.

I assume you're not a Fallout fan, then.

Also: Thanks for the patch linkage.

If a game doesnt entertain a gamer within the first 10mins of play, I for one stop playing. And are those screenies supposed to impress me? they look terrible.
    You must miss out on some amount of amazing games then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Same, 3800+, 1GB RAM, but only X800PRO. :(
    Even with everything turned low on 1024x768, still crappy framerate (check screenie).
    Looks awesome up full though.

YEY PATCH! GIMME!

Just found it on Fileshack, I'd say that's the best bet, fast enough download. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

heh, the above screen cap isn't what they show in game reviews, but its certainly the sort of atrocity i would be looking at :(

cept i'd be in a lower res

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Heh you really dont many games or like shiny things.

kdjac

3rd level screenshot :)

hitman11wi.th.png

no frame issues, no slowdown :-/

and tis a laptop. Haven't got round to the patch yet.

things got a tad messy after that screenshot :v:

I love this game! Amazing really.

5 or 6 levels into it [mardi gra level atm, bitch ass hard]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

kaimera wrote:
    3rd level screenshot :)

I love this game! Amazing really.

Why are all those bodies semi-naked? What have you been doing to them? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its probably best not to ask :eek:

Can anyone tell me, what is the minimum & recommended spec for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

* Windows 2000/XP
    * 1.5GHz processor
    * 512MB RAM
    * 5GB hard disks space
    * DirectX 9 compliant graphics card supporting Pixel Shader 2.0 (nVidia GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9500)
    * DVD-ROM drive
    * DirectX compatible soundcard

Min
    http://www.eidos.co.uk/gss/bloodmoney/index_uk.html

Clicking on the buy from shops options get yous the game for £17 from most of the shops there.

kdjac

I needed their clothes, their boots and their gun. :v:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You must miss out on some amount of amazing games then.

I assume your not trying to imply that this is an amazing game? :rolleyes:

And putting a think layer of shiny spooge on the characters in hitman does not make it graphically appealing in the slightest. If people think shiny clothes, and extreme hdr on peoples faces is good then there is something very wrong with you. Graphics sould be used to add realism to games, and to make them look cool, make them uber shiny isn't an improvement.

Not all games are aiming for realism in the graphics, I haven't played the newest SC but I do remember being in offices with completley black shadows ever with lights on nearby.

But lets not bother with the graphics arguments since they are completley subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I think it looks pretty damn nice at 1920x1200,

With all settings at their maximum.

7900 GTX FTW

<3 my NVIDIA :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

splinter cell is great, but very linear. You just clear each room, with a limited option on how to do it. i.e. shoot guard in back of head, shut light bulbs out, hide guard. Next room, rince wash repeat.

hitman is completely different, several ways always exist to complete a level, and if they fail, just go all guns blazing =) , something which you can never do in splinter cell.

• Advertisement

WellyJ wrote:
    I think it looks pretty damn nice at 1920x1200,

With all settings at their maximum.

7900 GTX FTW

<3 my NVIDIA :p

Out of interest, how'd you complete that level?
    I tryed to poison the dognuts and give them to the feds in the van but it didn't seem to work :-/ ie. they didn't die..
    Ended up sniping a number of people with the neighbour kids air rifle then getting annoyed and using the sniper rifle to clear around the pool area.

Another bloodbath...36 killed. :(

I assume that you kill the surveillance van, then air rifle the dog and the others around the pool, get the bbq fluid and rig the bbq.

^^^ thats my plan next time anyway :)

plzplzplz let me know if ya finish the mardi gra level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

kaimera wrote:
    Out of interest, how'd you complete that level?

plzplzplz let me know if ya finish the mardi gra level.
    I waited at the clown's van until he came out of the house,
    then sedated him took his costume and entered the house,
    then i talked to the wife and she lead me to a room where
    i could knock her out and take her necklace thingy,
    then i went into the indoor pool dressing rooms and took the FBI suit,

Was able to follow the target upstairs to his room and kill him there,

Then simply left, got my suit, and escaped,

Silent Assasin FTW :D:D

Still working on mardi gras level btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Here's what I did for the A New Life level, in 11 easy steps:
    1) Injected the the donuts with poison and left them there. The catering guy then brings them over to the guys in the van and sorts them out for you

2) Break into the vet's house across the road, steal some animal tranquilizers

3) Climb into the kid's tree house and snipe the dog with the trawnquilizers (killing animals is just mean!)

4) Enter the house through the cellar door the dog was guarding

5) When I was leaving the cellar I ran into an FBI agent. Took him out with a silenced silverballer and took his clothes.

6) Use the lighter fluid from the pool shack on the BBQ and the wife goes up in flames. Jump into the pool where she falls and take her necklace.

7) Go through the house and find your way to the garage. Open the garage doors.

8) Walk out the garage doors and you're standing in the front driveway. Look through the window in to the sitting room

9) You'll eventually see the target sitting watching TV with a body guard. Break the fuse box next to you and the TV goes out

10) The target gets his body guard to go check the fuse box. When the body guard leaves the room you can leg it back through the open garage door and enter the sitting room from one of the doors behind the target. Bang, a silenced bullet to the back of the head.

11) Walk calmly out the front door, drop by the van and take the surveillance tape, and whistle merrily down the street.

Damn I love this game :D

Is the pc version demo, the same as the demo released on the 360? I thought the demo was terrible!

Yep, same demo at the old carnival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Have to say the ending is one of the best in any game for years. Very, very well done. Some of the later levels are a tad weak (IMO), but ending makes up for it.

Also, from reading the alternate ways people completed that one level (A New Life), its clear everyone will be playing a different game, which is fantastic. I dont think anyone mentioned the amusing use for the ether and a
    certain under garment in the girls bedroom
    . :D

Matt

WellyJ wrote:
    Still working on mardi gras level btw

I got lucky the 22nd time round :p
    Knocked out the delivery guy [red suit] when he stops for a piss. Took his suit and the diamond case.
    Low and behold, who saunters thru the area not 21 seconds later only one of my targets, so bang to the head.
    Once you have the walkie talkie, the other targets appear on the map and easy after that.

Dunno if twas just pure luck she wandered into where I was or not but sure as hell helped :v:

Redid A New Life > posioned the guards, tranq'd the dog, rigged the bbq, poisoned the target, retrieved the necklace from the burnt body, took the cctv tape.

I do like your way of finishing A New life tho. I wasn't sure what role the
    clown
    would play.

The
    pr0n king type level
    is quite cool :)

Not sure what number level tho..too busy bashing my way thru.

Question wrt yer weapon upgrades:

Do they unlock at certain game levels or does it depend on yer rating from previous levels?
    Ie. is it more benefical to play as silent assassin/professional/hitman rather than psycho to get weapon upgrades?

I think they just unlock as you progress, I'm playing through again on Expert and all the unlocks are happening at the same time even though the levels are much less of a blood bath.

kaimera wrote:
    I wasn't sure what role the
    clown
    would play.
    Clown costume -> Bloodbath!! Obviously!
    Nothing like a bloodbath while wearing a red wig, red nose and baggy pants!

Man, ether in underpants? Does that actually work?!

Man, if only you could change into just 47s underpants, I'm thinking, streak through the girls locker room in the Opera level! :D:D

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote:
    I wasn't sure what role the
    clown
    would play.
    Clown costume -> Bloodbath!! Obviously!
    Nothing like a bloodbath while wearing a red wig, red nose and baggy pants!

Man, ether in underpants? Does that actually work?!

Man, if only you could change into just 47s underpants, I'm thinking, streak through the girls locker room in the Opera level! :D:D

Advertisement