Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman: Blood Money

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

In regards to performance issues, i just got the demo yesterday, and my setup (1 gig ram, X800 pro, AMD 64 3000), and the game runs with everything maxed out, perfect frame rate, and this is WITHOUT installing that hot fix patch they released

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

I'm still stuck on the Opera level :(
    I've set on killing the actor by getting his co-star to do it with the replica pistol, but I can't figure out how to get to the other guy. As soon as the actor dies, his security goes nuts!

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

whitetrash wrote:
    I'm still stuck on the Opera level :(

Any tips?
    When the singer gets shot the other guy goes down to see the body and stands on the stage thats your chance, you can drop part of the stage on him or just take him out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Regarding the Opera level:
    Opposite the changing rooms theres a door to the back stage lighting area. Climb up the ladder and find your way to the rigging holding up the chandelier in the auditorium. Plant a bomb.

When the co star shoots the singer, the diplomat will run down towards him. Detonate the bomb, and he's flattened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

This game is the buisness.Makes up for the let down that was Contracts. I wont let myself move onto the next level without a Silent Assasin Rating on Normal.

Im only finished the opera one now.

Yes Im a nerd about this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

has anyone got past the "you better watch out..." mission yet
    everytime i go to drop an item or body in this level it crashs to desktop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I have the same problem, although I finished it without needing the drop anything. IIRC you can put bodies in crates without it crashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ya i have it completed also but i don't know how to get silent assassin with out dropping anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

I've a copy of this available for €55 if anyone is interested - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51475813#post51475813

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

tuxy wrote:
    ya i have it completed also but i don't know how to get silent assassin with out dropping anything
    My SA walkthrough
    1. Run to the guest lift at the start of the level. It is possible to do this without getting seen by the camera. Let the other guest call the lift. Get out at the party.
    2. Go to the kitchen, poison a sausage and pick it up.
    3. Run back outside, to the grotto, in the side door. Turn right at the T junction and get inside the water feature.
    4. Sneak, get your sedative syringe out. When nobody's looking sedate the photogropher and steal his clothes.
    5. Go to the lift to the studio area.
    6. Hang around in the studio until the old man and his dog come through. Equip the sausage and crouch in front of the dog. The dog will eat the sausage without you having to throw it and triger the crash.
    7. Grab the videotape from the security room.
    8. Sneak around to the old man's bathroom. Wait there until he goes out to the balcony, then push him over.
    9. Go back to the main bar, get aphrodisiac from the bartender, add it to the other targets drink.
    10. Wait for the target to go to a back room with one of the pool girls. Follow them and interrupt them (open the door to the room)
    11. Target will go for a smoke. Follow him down the corridor, push him down the second flight of stairs / off the balcony
    12. Go back, retrieve your suit, go back to the lift, run to your exit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 colinpoh

Ireland's number 1 xbox LIVE clan

xbox? no wonder.

Of course you realise the reason new games are all 'dumbed' down and have horrible graphics and bugs is mainly because developers are making hybrid games for PC and consoles.

I'm sure PC game qualities will be sky high if it weren't for stupid consoles tempting devs to make their games compatible for inferior systems (a.k.a consoles).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Games are being "dumbed-down" because that is what sells (to the public at large). Just look at hollywood movies. Can you name a recent game that has "Horrible" graphics? Also, can you name a PC system that costs less than €500 and runs games as well as a 360? Neither platform is inferior, as always, there are benefits and detractions to each. Although I don't expect much rational reasoning from a one post troll.

Anyway, on with the topic. I have been having a fantastic time playing blood money, love trying to get through a mission with as little wake as possible, and there are some fantastic missions (just on the
    wedding
    one now). Definitly a fine addition to the series. My one complaints would probably be, A; As mentioned, the mission where you can't drop anything , bombs, bodies etc... it was frustrating having to replay that one a few times and B; It's a little too easy to complete a level with all guns blazing, sitting in a corner amassing bodies (Although I am playing on normal and have yet to gain any notoriety)

Irish Grumpy, DO NOT judge the game on 10 minutes, especially 10 minutes in the tutorial level. (The demo is a horrible example of the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It's a little too easy to complete a level with all guns blazing, sitting in a corner amassing bodies (Although I am playing on normal and have yet to gain any notoriety)
    You have to let witnesses live or leave the video tape behind to gain notoriety.

Yeah, I know, but I figure it gets harder as you build up notoriety right? So maybe gun's blazing ain't as easy...but I don't know as I have no notoriety, and don't go guns blazing. That's what I was trying to get at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Excellent game overall.

Aye, can be too easy to go guns blazing but you get sfa cash to help lower yer noteriety.

I found level design vg on the whole, some class missions throughout.

The
    wedding
    mission I was out clean till 30 steps from the exit :( crap.

Think it was the second last mission
    the fancy dress with the cia agent and also the assassin duel
    I ended up with a total of 71 dead...I just threw 'nades into the bottom dance floor and used up all my ammo :) Fun galore!

Really should reply the last mission...know it can be done better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

anyone any ideas on the x level (ps2), tough goin

harryballs wrote:
    anyone any ideas on the X level (ps2), tough goin

Might want to spoiler that one mate.

The hardest part is the start, what I did was
    Take sniper rifle and baller. Toss baller over fence to the right of house entrance, go to side of bus and take out rifle. Guard will pick up your baller, shoot him. Now go into the house proper and into the museum, toss your breifcase (with rifle) at the protected statue, pick it up once the alarm rings. Once all the guards are clear make a break outside to where you killed the guard and retrieve your baller and his outfit if you want. Carry on from there.

Or, you can start with nothing, steal the womans case at the start when she goes for a smoke behind the bus. Or push the woman into the guarded statue as she is looking at it.

That's a decent way to start off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Might want to spoiler that one mate.

The hardest part is the start, what I did was
    Take sniper rifle and baller. Toss baller over fence to the right of house entrance, go to side of bus and take out rifle. Guard will pick up your baller, shoot him. Now go into the house proper and into the museum, toss your breifcase (with rifle) at the protected statue, pick it up once the alarm rings. Once all the guards are clear make a break outside to where you killed the guard and retrieve your baller and his outfit if you want. Carry on from there.

Or, you can start with nothing, steal the womans case at the start when she goes for a smoke behind the bus. Or push the woman into the guarded statue as she is looking at it.

That's a decent way to start off.

OR you can
    drop a mine beside one of the buses and blow it up when you get into the building, creating enough of a distraction for you to get into the locker room, sneak into the shower and grab the spare uniform

sorry lads but whats all this spoiler stuff about, completely no idea
    pm me with some info in to this phenonemon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

harryballs wrote:
    sorry lads but whats all this spoiler stuff about, completely no idea
    The spoiler bits are just grey text on a grey background that you have to highlight to be able to read... it lets people read the thread without any of the games surprises being given away... personally I haven't read any of the spoilers because I'm on level 4 or something.

Got this game yesterday, it feels true to the previous hitman games, and I'm loving the additional features.
    The framerate was a bit poo'ey for me (A64 3000 / 6600GT / 1680x1050 full) until I turned all those nasty-ass post-processing filters off... runs lovely and smooth now.

• Advertisement

The spoiler bits are just grey text on a grey background that you have to highlight to be able to read... it lets people read the thread without any of the games surprises being given away... personally I haven't read any of the spoilers because I'm on level 4 or something.

thanks chief

Advertisement