Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adsl now in Caherconlish

• 11-02-2006 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

title says it all. Friend their was called by Eircom and offered adsl now available due to upgrade. I told him, Great, go ring up BT :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

broadband in the dirty rides town...I never thought I'd see the day:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

watty wrote:
    title says it all. Friend their was called by Eircom and offered adsl now available due to upgrade. I told him, Great, go ring up BT :)
    That is correct Watty, they enabled the exchange in Inch St. Lawrence the week that WestNet enabled the GBS, it took Eircom a little longer to enable Newport in Tipperary, the exchange was enabled 2 weeks after we launched the GBS, and they have not enabled Cappamore yet, even though we launched the GBS 4 weeks ago.
    FYI, BB is available in Boher, Brittas, parts of Murroe, (a new A.P. to service Murroe will be enabled shortly), Dromkeen, Pallasgreen, Doon and parts of Oola, Caherline will be live in the next 2 weeks and will service Herbertstown, Kilteely and parts of Hostpital, Fedamore and Bruff should be live in the next 6 - 8 weeks, so people should see some activity from Eircom in these area's soon.

jbkenn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

tis available in Castleconnel (Co.Limerick) now also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

jbkenn wrote:
    That is correct Watty, they enabled the exchange in Inch St. Lawrence the week that WestNet enabled the GBS, it took Eircom a little longer to enable Newport in Tipperary, the exchange was enabled 2 weeks after we launched the GBS, and they have not enabled Cappamore yet, even though we launched the GBS 4 weeks ago.
    FYI, BB is available in Boher, Brittas, parts of Murroe, (a new A.P. to service Murroe will be enabled shortly), Dromkeen, Pallasgreen, Doon and parts of Oola, Caherline will be live in the next 2 weeks and will service Herbertstown, Kilteely and parts of Hostpital, Fedamore and Bruff should be live in the next 6 - 8 weeks, so people should see some activity from Eircom in these area's soon.

jbkenn
    hi im living in hospital and was wondering what you mean by parts of hospital
    are you saying that the whole town wont be covered?
    because i live about 3/4 of a kilometre outside hospital and ive been waiting for broadband for years
    i live out oldtown if that helps
    any info would be highly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Maints

Jbkenn,

Who will be supplying BB in Bruff and Meanus ? Westnet or a local GBS ?
    Any more details would be appreciated.

Paul.

• Advertisement

Maints wrote:
    Jbkenn,

Who will be supplying BB in Bruff and Meanus ? Westnet or a local GBS ?
    Any more details would be appreciated.

Paul.

Under the CGBS, Bruff is getting one of those, low cholesterol, faster than the speed of light, all singing, all dancing, Ildana satellite jobs.

jbkenn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

So Bruff arn't actually getting Broadband at all. According to OECD, Satellite doesn't count.

BB Net seem to be active in that area and I suspect they are satellite linking and useing non-licenced spectrum from Knockfearna
    copy and paste below into Google Earth "places"
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">
    <Placemark>
      <name>Knockfearna, Co. Limerick</name>
      <LookAt>
        <longitude>-8.806992160707926</longitude>
        <latitude>52.49300662743016</latitude>
        <range>8308.804375217285</range>
        <tilt>0.2068272261537963</tilt>
        <heading>3.241856356877893</heading>
      </LookAt>
      <styleUrl>root://styles#default+icon=0x307</styleUrl>
      <Point>
        <coordinates>-8.805931580131656,52.47492034614903,0</coordinates>
      </Point>
    </Placemark>
    </kml>

watty wrote:

BB Net seem to be active in that area and I suspect they are satellite linking and useing non-licenced spectrum from Knockfearna
    copy and paste below into Google Earth "places"

BBnet are not involved in any CGBS, they would be using unlicenced spectrum , as, like many others, they have no option.

The only CGBS provider using satellite are Ildana, nobody else would touch it with a bargepole, and some have gone to enormous expense to backhaul direct from ESB fibre.

jbkenn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

any news of hospital getting broadband other than satellite?
    strange because were bigger than all the other towns in the post
    come on bruff and caherconlish are way smaller
    why are we getting screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

jbkenn wrote:

So the GBS was a waste of time or eircom needs the competition from a GBS to get their act together? I suppose the question is answered if these places are on eircom's March roll-out plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

jbkenn wrote:
    BBnet are not involved in any CGBS, they would be using unlicenced spectrum , as, like many others, they have no option.

The only CGBS provider using satellite are Ildana, nobody else would touch it with a bargepole, and some have gone to enormous expense to backhaul direct from ESB fibre.

jbkenn
    BBnet are partnered with Enablesoft and IrishWireless.NET, so they are involved in the Clare South East GBS through them. They get their backhaul from the ESB. I'm not sure what spectrum they're using

edit: And yes they do have a mast on knocfearna.

Advertisement