Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orton v Rey at NWO- a new development

• 11-02-2006 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From Dave Meltzer's update today:

To make a bad angle even worse, Vickie Guerrero and her daughters will be stationed at ringside during the Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton match at No Way Out on 2/19. To say there is a lot of heat on this decision is this week's major understatement.

This is also from the site regarding feedback from a Dan Whalers article by an unamed Smackdown wirting assistant. With the internet you have to be cautious but Meltzer at least in my opinion is as credible as the come. Heres what the writer had to say and Dan Whalers response:
    Dan,
    I am a writer’s assistant on Smackdown, and let me tell you that you are not wrong with what you said concerning the Orton line about Eddie Guerrero being in hell from last week’s show. That one line caused so much controversy, you can’t even begin to imagine. A bunch of us didn’t want the line to be used. At one point it was out of the script, then it got put back in. Ultimately, the final decision was made by Stephanie McMahon with Vince’s approval. Their feeling is this would put a lot of heat on Randy Orton’s character, and would explain the motivation for Rey Mysterio accepting the No Way Out challenge. I along with several of the other writers felt that we accomplished that without using that line, and the line at the end of the show about Eddie not coming back from the dead. But Vince makes the final decisions on show content, and he made the call. A lot of us were very uncomfortable about it, and knew what the reaction would be among the other wrestlers, as well as the fans. Vince always preaches, “Look at the big picture”, and that’s exactly what he would have said if any of us challenged him on this. I can tell you that more than a few of the boys were upset about this, and it’s only going to get worse. A lot of guys are simply fed up with the McMahon way, and Vince is going to get that message when it comes time for contract renewal time. Please continue doing what you’re doing, and speaking your mind. It’s much appreciated by a lot of people, I assure you of that.
    DW: There was a lot more in the e-mail, but I can’t publish it due to the controversial nature of the content. The writer requested that his name be kept out of this for obvious reasons. But this paints an ugly picture all the same. Vince’s own employees are starting to question his motives and his decision-making. I understand why nobody speaks up. They value their jobs, and know that clashing with Vince would be a sure ticket out the door. But maybe if one person had the balls to stand up to him, and call him on some of the bull**** he’s been doing, it would open the door for others. Sometimes it only takes one. Thanks to the writer for having the courage to send this e-mail in the first place.

Ever since I first watched wrestling it seems I've been defending it. But this is just wrong. You can't defend it. Its beyond tasteless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

The problem as I see it, is that we're still seeing it! RAW is doing stonger ratings than ever before so lots of people are tuning in to see what way it's going to go. I'd say Orton himself is not happy saying what he's being fed and ultimately he should just say "No". Vince isn't going to get rid of him as he's a major draw and has huge future potential. Someone needs to stick it to Vince and just walk away like Christian did. The more "superstars" that leave Vince high and dry for TNA the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If that actually happens, I can't say I'll be able to understand Eddie's families decision. Maybe WWE will feed them some crap about it being the right thing for the wrestling business. But it's not. If TNA were bigger than they are at the moment, I'm sure you'd have guys leaving WWE soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

now thats just evil. i really dont think orton needed that kind of heat last week, he went to far by saying eddie is in hell.... i'm feel sorry for vicky and the kids.... i'm wondering linda macmahon feels about this... after all she should have some common sense....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Well if the Guerrero family are going to be at ringside.. they werent forced to, they were asked and are there off their own backs...

Maybe Eddie's family want to see his name kept alive, I dunno..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i'd imagine the gimmick is to have the guerrero family cost orton his match as payback for what he "said" about eddie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

No im sorry its just way too sick and twisted. Even last night when watching it with me girlfriend she was shocked at it as well and she HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATES wrestling but yet she knew it was pushing the boundaries way too far.

A lot of us still hurt when we talk about or think about eddie so i cant imagine how his family feel when they see this trash on the telly. It was bad enough the way rey was goin on at the rumble before the orton thing happened. Its too soon.

hurts indeed, i dont want eddie's memory being tarnished in a storyline by some one saying that he's in hell. i know it's a storyline but it's bad one.....:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

i'd imagine the gimmick is to have the guerrero family cost orton his match as payback for what he "said" about eddie

Dont think so dude. Its no secret that Rey is going to lose at NWO.

Its sick that WWE are being so tasteless with the use of Eddie's name - absolutely sick!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I really think that wwe are after going too far here.

If Orton is tipped to win the match at NWO, then it will only rub salt in the wound for the guerrero family. Orton does deserve the title shot, and would probably do a better job Main eventing than ray, but there is no need to insult the memory of Eddie to make the storyline with ray a success. On principle, ray should win the match

Ortons shown that he has talent, and the only thing thats been holding him back is the wwe itself.

bah arrrrggghhhh i cant expressed how much this pisses me off..... come one surely the wwe heard the fans chant for rey on smackdown.... the man is soo over like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

IF it wasn't bad enough to disrespect the man's honour so soon after his death, they want to bring his widow and kids in to witness it first hand too? This is getting beyond a joke tbh... Fair enough they wanted a storyline to give the match a reason for happening, but they could have done that without

"Rey, you're looking up as if Eddie's in heaven, I have news for you Rey, Eddie ain't in heaven... he's in HELL!"

Granted, Orton probably had very little choice in the matter as people have already stated, nobody messes with the boss in fear of losing their jobs, but still it's a low stunt to pull.... EVEN for Vince McMahon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

And Eddie is also to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    Now i don't have a problem with this in the slightest, all though i do think there are a lot of guys who came before him, some since passed away, who deserve to be put in, and again, that's no disrespect to Eddie.
    The only reason they are putting him in this quick is to tie in with this storyline.

Advertisement