Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody got euro 1080?

Options
  • 11-02-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Im planning on setting up my system to get euro 1080, they used to be on 19.2 but have moved to the new Astra 1D at 23.5E, it seems their new receivers will have Mpeg4 in them, at the moment HD5 does be FTA at times but i want to get a system in for the winter olympics.

Anyone have any experiences with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes.
    But only with MPEG2 which needs about 2GHz PC. MPEG4 as used on HDTV satellite needs 3.5MHz PC approx. Which is why some new PC PCI Sat cards are coming out with new DSP chips as used in the set boxes that do HD MPEG4, just like the Skystar1 / Premium cards do SD MPEG2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

watty do you have their CA card or do you watch the free previews on HD5.

I wouldnt mind HD2 in the house for the world cup but thats for commercial people only. :D

Advertisement