Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday's matches - thriller showdon.(merged)

• 11-02-2006 12:59am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭

SATURDAY
    12.45 PPV
    Wigan v Liverpool draw
    Arsenal v Bolton Away
    Aston Villa v Newcastle Home
    Everton v Blackburn Home
    Fulham v West Brom Home
    Middlesbrough v Chelsea (Setanta) Away
    Portsmouth v Man Utd Away

SUNDAY 13.30 SS1
    Sunderland v Tottenham Away
    16.00 SS1
    Man City v Charlton Draw

MONDAY 20.00 SS1
    West Ham v Birmingham Home

Aquos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

12:45 Wigan (14/5) Vs. Liverpool (19/20) Draw (9/4)
    15:00 Arsenal (1/2) Vs. Bolton (11/2) Draw (14/5)
    15:00 Aston Villa (11/10) Vs. Newcastle United (12/5) Draw (9/4)
    15:00 Everton (5/4) Vs. Blackburn (21/10) Draw (11/5)
    15:00 Fulham (5/6) Vs. WBA (100/30) Draw (9/4)
    15:00 Middlesbrough (15/2) Vs. Chelsea (2/5) Draw (3/1)
    17:15 Portsmouth (11/2) Vs. Manchester United (1/2) Draw (14/5)

Teams in red I predict to win.
    For Portsmouth I think they are in with a good shout, and worth a bet for 11/2;
    Fulham look a dead cert and are on aroll, that's where the week's wages will go.

Team News
    • Wigan Vs. Liverpool
    Gerrard has recovered form injury, Crouch is suffering a slight heel injury and so Fowler could take his place.Garcia and Warnock are also out.
    Jason Roberts serves the second of a three-match suspension, David Connolly and Lee McCulloch are injured, while on-loan Neil Mellor is ineligible as he cannot play against his current employers.
    Henri Camara may return from African Nations Cup duty. Pascal Chimbonda misses his first league game through suspension.
    • Arsenal Vs. Bolton
    El-Hadji Diouf, Abdoulaye Faye, Jay-Jay Okocha and Radhi Jaidi are all returning from Egypt.
    Kevin Davies is facing a late fitness test on an ankle problem while Khalilou Fadiga, Ivan Campo, Gary Speed and Henrik Pedersen are all ruled out through injury.
    Ashley Cole (thigh), Gael Clichy (foot), Pascal Cygan (hamstring), Lauren (knee), Kerrea Gilbert (back) are all continuing to receive treatment, while Emmanuel Eboue and Kolo Toure are both still on African Nations Cup duty.
    Midfielder Freddie Ljungberg returns to the squad, but Robin van Persie (toe) will again be rested and Theo Walcott (shoulder) is also out.and of course Cambell is out.
    • Aston Villa Vs. Newcastle
    fender Craig Moore returned from his hamstring injury for the reserves on Thursday night, but the game could come too soon for him, while Michael Owen (foot), Steven Taylor (shoulder) and Stephen Carr (hernia) are all still out and Amady Faye is yet to return from the African Nations Cup.

Aston Villa are without midfielders Gavin McCann and James Milner for the home clash.
    • Everton Vs. Blackburn

Blackburn striker Craig Bellamy is set to return to the team to face Everton on Saturday after a month-long absence because of a hamstring injury.
    Midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen is facing a late fitness test ahead of the match at Goodison Park after suffering a knee problem in training.
    Apart from Wright's absence, Everton are also without number one Nigel Martyn as he recovers from a minor ankle injury.

Everton will make a late decision on striker James Beattie, who came off at the break at Stamford Bridge with a calf problem. Leon Osman should have recovered from a groin injury to face Rovers, while Alan Stubbs returns after being cup tied.
    • Fulham Vs. WBA
    Fulham defender Moritz Volz is set for his first appearance since puncturing a lung in early December as Liam Rosenior is suspended for the visit of West Brom.

Midfielder Sylvain Legwinski is back in contention following an ankle injury, but Michael Brown and Simon Elliott (both hamstring) are doubts at a time when Papa Bouba Diop is still away on African Nations Cup duty.

Long-term absentees Mark Pembridge (knee) and Phillippe Christanval (ankle) are back in training but neither will be considered for Saturday's game.

West Brom left-back Paul Robinson is suspended for the clash after collecting five bookings.

Robinson's obvious deputy Steve Watson is still struggling with a groin problem, so manager Bryan Robson faces a defensive reshuffle. He could move central defender Neil Clement to left-back and hand a debut to the Uruguayan centre-back Williams Martinez after his arrival on loan from Defensor.

Albion are still without the injured Zoltan Gera and Thomas Gaardsoe, who have groin problems, while Kanu and Diomansy Kamara are on their way back from the African Nations Cup.
    • Middlesborough Vs. Chelsea
    Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho will recall rested goalkeeper Petr Cech along with defender Ricardo Carvalho and midfielder Claude Makelele for the trip to Barclays Premiership strugglers Middlesbrough.

All three were left out of the midweek FA Cup fourth round replay win over Everton.

On the injury front, Damien Duff will miss out because of his continuing Achilles problem while Paulo Ferreira remains doubtful because of a thigh muscle strain.

Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng returns to the squad for the first time since December 21.

The 30-year-old has missed his side's last 11 games - of which they have won just three - with an ankle ligament injury, although he is unlikely to start against the reigning champions.

England winger Stewart Downing, who missed the FA Cup fourth-round replay victory over Coventry with a virus, also returns, as does James Morrison (knee). Franck Queudrue (knee), Lee Cattermole and Ugo Ehiogu (both hamstring) and Ray Parlour (ankle) are still out.
    • Portsmouth Vs. Man United
    Striker Lomana Lualua is ready to return for Portsmouth after missing four games while on African Nations Cup duty and will face Manchester United at Fratton Park just a week after being told of the death of his baby son.

He and £4.4million Zimbabwe forward Benjani Mwaruwari will lead the attack, supported by Argentinian loan-signing Andres D'Alessandro.

Noe Pamarot, fit again after hamstring trouble, could start in defence but former Tottenham team-mate Wayne Routledge may be relegated to the substitutes' bench and Dejan Stefanovic looks set to miss the rest of the season after an ankle operation. .

Manchester United have a virtually fully-fit squad for the clash.

Aside from long-term absentees Gabriel Heinze, Quinton Fortune and Paul Scholes, plus John O'Shea - who is expected to be back from fractured ribs within a fortnight - Sir Alex Ferguson has all his senior players available now Ryan Giggs has recovered from a hamstring injury.

Having lost on their last two visits to Fratton Park, United are eager to gain a victory on the south coast which would cement their position in second spot behind runaway leaders Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

There was already a thread started for saturday's games. Pay attention will ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Well if the dude posted all that out then I have to applaud him and offer my apologies. I presumed it was a copy and paste job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

you bet your whole weeks wages?
    fair play.

i think everton and villa will get something from their games, hope liverpool win and am interested in the outcome of arsenal vs bolton.
    bolton tend to do well against them, arsenal have home advantage and there is real competition for league position...interesting

fade2black wrote:
    Well if the dude posted all that out then I have to applaud him and offer my apologies. I presumed it was a copy and paste job.

thanks man,

sorry I didn't see other thread.

Well done bud, fair play to ya. Hope it all goes to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

SATURDAY
    12.45 PPV Wigan v Liverpool, Draw
    Arsenal v Bolton Arsenal
    Aston Villa v Newcastle Draw
    Everton v Blackburn Draw
    Fulham v West Brom Home

SUNDAY 13.30 SS1
    Sunderland v Tottenham Draw
    16.00 SS1
    Man City v Charlton Charlton

MONDAY 20.00 SS1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So which thread is the match day thread?

I'm too depressed to make any predictions! :(

Okay Wigan 2-1 Liverpool.

Sighs.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

11 goals for Liverpool in the last 3 wigan games, I'm going for 3-1 Liverpool, Fowler *not* to score, He's saving that for Arsenal on tuesday, he only needs 5 minutes anyway ;) - and I'll be in the kop

It looks like Wigan won't have a first choice striker with Camera not back from Egypt and everyone else injured, suspended or ineligable. Add Liverpools
    misfiring frontline and it could be quiet, very quiet.

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Whats the point in having two threads open on the same topic. I opened one last night and this one seems to be the more active. Maybe a mod could merge them or else delete one.

Copy and paste your post over.

Mike.

I coundn't be bothered. I'll continue with the other one, as thats the format which is used every week.

Liverpool line up

Robbie Fowler starts, Gerrard back. Its a win then! :)

dudek
    finnan hyppia carra riise
    gerrard hamann alonso kewell
    ----morientes--fowler

Wigan

pollit,
    jackson, henchoz, de zeeuw, ziegler
    teale bullard, kavanagh, thompson,
    johansson,scharner

Mike.

How do you go about Merging them together.

Liverpool lineup to play wigan

dudek,finnan,hyppia,carra,riise,gerrard,hamann,alonso,kewell,morientes,fowler

And the wigan Line up

pollit,jackson, henchoz,de zeeuw, ziegler, teale,bullard, kavanagh, thompson, johansson, scharner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Team news for Liverpool.

Dudek

Finnan--Carragher--Hypia--Rise

Gerrard--Alonso--Hanman--Kewell

Fowler
    Morientas----

Will be interesting to see if Liverpool's poor run will continue. And also whether fowler will make any impression on his 2nd Liverpool debut.

I think it will be a draw anyway.

• Advertisement

Roddy23 wrote:
    How do you go about Merging them together.

Only a forum mod can do that

Mike.

got ye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

SATURDAY
    12.45 PPV
    Wigan v Liverpool Draw
    Arsenal v Bolton Home
    Aston Villa v Newcastle Home
    Everton v Blackburn Draw
    Fulham v West Brom Home

SUNDAY 13.30 SS1
    Sunderland v Tottenham Away
    16.00 SS1
    Man City v Charlton Home

MONDAY 20.00 SS1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpol looking good, attacking well in the opening 15 minutes....but dont they always :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fowler to score 1st Wigan to win and im going out tonight, Tusky answer your damn phone :D

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Fowler to score 1st Wigan to win and im going out tonight, Tusky answer your damn phone :D

kdjac

if that happens I'll send you a post-dated check for €1,000

Hyypia scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes. And to think I wanted Agger on! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Come on liverpool!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Mike is there a stream anywhere?

• Advertisement

1-0 Hyypia!!! woooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Tusky wrote:
    1-0 Hypia!!! woooo

And an assist from Carragher I hear. Sounds like a strange enough goal with two defenders combining for 'Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ah Mori should have scored.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

that stuff never works for me :p

First time it's ever worked well for me!

mike65 wrote:
    Ah Mori should have scored.

Mike.

aye..hit it right at the keeper. Liverpool are all over Wigan though.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Hyypia OG...

nearly! :D

Mike.

Kronkamp coming on for Robbie Fowler. Looks like Gerrard will support Mori.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

First half highlights from Liverpool game:

90 seconds, 9mb's, DivX file.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13025909/VID0000_EDIT0000.divx.html

Fowler off, Kronkamp on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Gary Teale has looked excellent today, a real old-fashioned winger. Takes people on and beats them with pace, and has whipped in some excellent crosses.

Stadium record - 25,000 today. Pool seem to be looking to just play out time and not expend any more energy than required.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Gamst Pederson is out for Blackburn, not good for my Fantasy league Team at all.

Blackburn are without MGP today. He failed a late fitness test. Pongelle is getting a start so here's his chance to prove me wrong, hopefulyl he will and I know Liverpool supporters would like to see him score against Everton too. He's being started ahead of Kuqi in attack. Bentley will play left wing and Tugay is rested.

I'd imagine Pongelle has known he'd be starting all week, especially after his comments about not getting a chance under Benitez on Thursday night.

Edit: Digiman, he'll be back for Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Shít. Ive just brought him in :(

Liverpool game wasnt too good. Came to life for a while, though Liverpool desrvedly won. Thought Gerrard and Alonso were woeful, but I assume thats down to Gerrard carying a knock.

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Shít. Ive just brought him in :(

Liverpool game wasnt too good. Came to life for a while, though Liverpool desrvedly won. Thought Gerrard and Alonso were woeful, but I assume thats down to Gerrard carying a knock.

He'll be back for Sunderland Wednesday night. He's a good buy anyway. Guaranteed goals and assists.

Boro 1 Chelsea 0 :eek:

Mike.

Newcastle and Fulham 1-0 up too. Ameobi and Helguson.Bolton 1-0 up against Arsenal (Nolan) and Moore equalises for Villa. Quite a few early goals today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

lads i know it was said already but does anyone have an audio stream for this.
    that link that was posted earlier is a non starter in lane 5 for me.

Arsenal 0 Bolton 1
    Villa 1 Newcastle 1
    Everton 0 Blackburn 0
    Boro 1 Chelsea 0
    Fulham 1 WBA 0

All halfway through first half.

• Advertisement
Advertisement