Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Saturday's matches - thriller showdon.(merged)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Aquos76 wrote:
    Man Utd team to play Portsmouth

VDS, Brown, Vidic, Rio, Silvestre, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Giggs, Rark, Rooney, Ruud

Subs Smith, Saha, Richardson, Evra,Howard

Portsmouth team

D Kiely, N Pamarot, A O'Brien, L Primus, M Taylor, G O'Neil, S Davis, M Pedro Mendes, A D'Alessandro, B Mwaruwari, L LuaLua

Subs: J Ashdown, A Karadas, A Griffin, R Hughes, W Routledge
    Saha on the bench? What the ****? I know Rooney pours buckets of sweat for the team, but Saha's recent scoring form is far better than Rooney's and he should be starting.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Man Utd 1-0 up after 19 mins A typical strickers goal. Excellent work from giggs led to his shot coming back off the bar for Ruud to head in from 6 yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ruud hasnt looked his old self this season but he is still banging in the goals. i think thats 19 league goals this season.

What a stunner from Ronaldo 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Nice goal by Ronaldo

Ronaldo again 3-0. He's on a roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Rolando you legend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

fulham 6!!!!! 6-1 wtf

It actually hasn't been a completely dominant performance at all, I think United have only had 4 attempts on goal. But they've made them count. Hopefully they'll control the second half and just kill it off, because I'd expect Pompey to come out of the traps at the start of the second half.
    What a goal from Ronaldo. To all his begrudgers, that's 4 goals in 2 games.

yeah I bet my week's wages on them as I said in my first post in this thread, knew they could pull it off, they were 5/6 to win as well.

Smith and Howard on for Giggs and van der Saar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is VDS injured or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Portmouth fightback begins!

Mike.

Wishfull thinking Mike. Although they have been the better team by far for the last 20 mins.

Ronaldo has just hit the crossbar while going for his hat trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

thought united did just about enough today, without being spectacular, howard looked nervous when he came on, how bad is van der sars injury i wonder or was it just a precaution? im a fan of park ji sung, but thought he was poor today and he should have cut out the goal, silvestre was his usual self, hoofing the ball everywhere. i though vidic was outstanding throughout and ronaldo seems to be getting back to form of late, he has 9 goals this season i think, so he is not doing too bad, the first goal was excellent. still, we need to improve, the second half was poor, with the game versus the scousers coming up next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I must say I approve of this new nicer Chelsea Kenyon was telling us about.

Well well well, I see no one from Chelsea was available to give any comments to MOTD. I know Ferguson refuses to talk to them at all, but win, lose, or draw, he always sends somebody out to them.

Lets hope that one of their main players goes on ChelseaTV and slates his teammates like good old Keano did when 'Boro hammered us earlier this season.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Well well well, I see no one from Chelsea was available to give any comments to MOTD. I know Ferguson refuses to talk to them at all, but win, lose, or draw, he always sends somebody out to them.

Do you know why this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nice goal by Gilberto.

Kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just saw Lehmanns antics on MOTD, he's a bloody disgrace, especially the last one where he's fakign the injury, the ref was running over looking at him, so why no card? He should be given AT LEAST a yellow for a combination of those three things shown, retrospectivly.

Anyone see the discussion on The Premiership about this, both Houghton and Giles were very strong on having a panal that sits after the programme of games to overturn any dodgy descisons or non actions by the ref. ie Robben last week.

Mike.

Brian017 wrote:
    Do you know why this is?

Yeah, its to do with a episode of panarama witch the BBC did which laid into Ferguson's son Jason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i laughed at lehmann's efforts. what a disgrace he is.
    he raised his hands and pushed someone to the ground....not even a yellow card...?
    the acting injured was a joke
    and he tried to knee someone in the face as well

should well have been sent off

apparently reyes has a broken leg...was just a matter of time until it happened to someone...the way these challenges have been going in

on the plus side, liverpool have sorted out their goalscoring problems, **** morientes and cisse, get sami up front eh
    from the highlights fowler looked useful...movement, effort on target, a good pass for gerrard and cross for moro

chelsea are so far in front i almost forgot about them, nice one middlesbrough

Lehmann's antics were pathetic, something really needs to be done to clamp down on it. The last one was actually comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

eyerer wrote:
    i
    chelsea are so far in front i almost forgot about them, nice one middlesbrough

its funny you say that. i dont even bother with their results anymore. i just assume that its 0 points for the week for the opposition when playing chelsea.
    buggered up my points tally for boro for the week that did.

especially since its its boro. didnt ex[ect them to get any points.
    or was it spectators?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lehmann's antics were pathetic, something really needs to be done to clamp down on it. The last one was actually comical.

I hate mophead.

He got hit with a conker at WHL in October and went down holding the other side of his face.

Got Michael Dawson booked for feck all, and tried to get Defoe done and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Brian017 wrote:
    Do you know why this is?

It's to do with Brian Barwick I think. He used to be editor of MOTD(http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/4671102.stm) and Ferguson felt that United used to get a raw deal on MOTD, felt that they showed a bias towards other teams especially Liverpool(Hanson and Lawrenson). Thats why you always see Queiroz on MOTD and Ferguson speaking to Sky or UTV.

Had to chuckle at Wenger's analysis of both two-legged challenges. He thought Faye should have gotten a straight red for his, but that Flamini went for the ball for his....:rolleyes:

It's to do with Brian Barwick I think. He used to be editor of MOTD(http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/4671102.stm) and Ferguson felt that United used to get a raw deal on MOTD, felt that they showed a bias towards other teams especially Liverpool(Hanson and Lawrenson). Thats why you always see Queiroz on MOTD and Ferguson speaking to Sky or UTV.

I think you will find its also to do with that episode of panarama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

lovely goal by the Honey Monster, a volley from about 12 yards.
    City 1- 0 Charlton

Roddy23 wrote:
    lovely goal by the Honey Monster, a volley from about 12 yards.
    City 1- 0 Charlton

This thread is for Saturdays games only.

Sunderland draw with Spurs. 1-1

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SPurs had a great chance to move a bit closer to securing fourth the way results went yesterday. Then drawing to sunderland with a 90minutes goal, ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Aquos76 wrote:
    Lets hope that one of their main players goes on ChelseaTV and slates his teammates like good old Keano did when 'Boro hammered us earlier this season.
    Perhaps kean wouldn't have bothered if united were 15 points ahead of the 2nd place when they were beaten..........

This thread is for Saturdays games only.

Whats the point in posting nonsense posts such as this. Big deal, there was no thread open for Sunday. Get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Just thought I'd add my sheer disgust and hatred towards Jens Lehmann, the most pathetic excuse for a professional footballer in the Premiership at the moment. For someone who plays in perhaps one of the least involved positions (i.e. - in goals for Arsenal) he sure does get himself into a lot of trouble during games.

Nothing made me happier than seeing Kevin Phillips stamp on his toes at St. Marys a couple of years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

He got hit with a conker at WHL in October and went down holding the other side of his face.
    Well tbh getting hit by a conker thrown from the stands would hurt i'd imagine. Id be more pissed off with the fans than him there.

That said he was a joke over the weekend again.

Missed what happened with Lehmann. Watched the Premiership, and they didnt show anyhting on him. Was it on MOTD?

Roddy23 wrote:
    Missed what happened with Lehmann. Watched the Premiership, and they didnt show anyhting on him. Was it on MOTD?
    Yeah they did an analysis on him.
    First, there was a small scuffle with Davies (I think) when they fell over each other near the corner flag. Lehmann appeared to have difficulty getting up off him, leaving his knee on Davies' chest.
    Then there was a free kick to Arsenal in their own half. Matt Jansen stopped Lehmann from taking a quick free kick, and Lehmann just pushed him to the ground.
    The last incident was the iceing on the cake. The ball was played long towards Davies, out near the touchline. Lehmann came out and cleared it, but Davies blocked the clearance with a decent slide-tackle. Lehmann went down as if he had been shot in the chest, clutching his ankle. When he noticed that the referee hadn't given anything but a throw in, he jumped to his feet to run over to the ref and give him an earful....he was pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

the most comical part is their expression when they look up at the ref and realize hes not giving them anything
    in other instances, eyes on the ref as they go down and all