Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Police Chase

Options
  • 11-02-2006 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭

About 11:45 pm i was coming out of the Gate cinema and saw a small red car (old fiesta i think) being persued by a police car on North Main St. The red car, blocked by a car in front of it started ramming the car in front trying to escape. The policemen all jumped out and started battering on the red cars windows with batons, but the red car just reversed straight back and smashed into the police car and then rammed forward into the blocking car. It managed to break its way through and flew up Shandon street. Police car, bike and paddy wagon tore up after it. Does anyone know what it was about? Haven't heard anything on news yet..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

and they talk about Limerick!:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

too f..... true

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Maybe he stole their doughnuts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

maybe they ran out of fags......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Were there no Gardai around to put a stop to this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

:Sigh: For Litcagral's benefit, for "police" please see "gardai"

Noone seems to know anything about this anyway, which i find a bit strange.. I listened out on the radio for news and everything but never heard a mention.Would have thought this was worthy of a report, especially given the number of bystanders. Quite odd.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

At least 5 or 6 chases every week in every city in ireland.

Nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Chief--- wrote:
    At least 5 or 6 chases every week in every city in ireland.

Nothing new.

5 or 6?

How do you think the gardai go through so many garda cars, Involved in so many persuits in regular "family saloon cars" equipped with lights and sirens.

Scumbags know if they ram a garda car the driver of the garda car gets "grounded" and is no longer allowed to drive until the accident is investigated fully. Can take months.

We could start on about McDowell and his policy on supplying banjaxed cars to the Gardai but its all been said before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

i heard sometime last year the guards were to try out high end cars such as Saabs, Volvos and Audis. they were to get 50 cars at first for a trial run only and if successful it was to be rolled out to the rest of the country. this was in reaction to the 2 guards being killed in south dublin by a joyrider and the other guard killed in north dublin when he was responding to a call. if i remember correctly, this guard was driving a 96 reg unmarked car that didn't have abs or air bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I'd like to see the guards in larger cars - Vauxhall Omega etc - but with push-bars on the front and rear like the US cars have. Protection and the ability to "push" right there on the car.

Probably be cheaper in the long run so as not to be replacing plastic and glass all the time. Plus bigger car usually means more protection for the occupants.

Aye cars that actually boast some safety equipment.

dsc05617.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

franksm wrote:
    I'd like to see the guards in larger cars - Vauxhall Omega etc - but with push-bars on the front and rear like the US cars have. Protection and the ability to "push" right there on the car.

Probably be cheaper in the long run so as not to be replacing plastic and glass all the time. Plus bigger car usually means more protection for the occupants.

Bull bars would be a good idea but you'd have alot of flak over pedistriation safety and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TipTopToe

TheNog wrote:
    Bull bars would be a good idea but you'd have alot of flak over pedistriation safety and stuff.
    Not to mention the powerful bulls lobby would be up in arms over it... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Chief--- wrote:
    Aye cars that actually boast some safety equipment.

dsc05617.jpg

Whoever designed the colour scheme on that police car should be fired. It is confrontational in the extreme. Putting the people driving the vehicle at risk. Dumb. They haven't a clue about the affects of colour on human behaviour!

German police cars have the most intelligent colour arrangements - dark green and white.

probe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

IMG_0610.sized.jpg

someone mentioned bullbars, well it seems that the correct word for a police car is "push bars" made from heavy duty rubberish plastic like this

10%2005%202003%20257.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

~Rebel~ wrote:
    About 11:45 pm i was coming out of the Gate cinema and saw a small red car (old fiesta i think) being persued by a police car on North Main St. The red car, blocked by a car in front of it started ramming the car in front trying to escape. The policemen all jumped out and started battering on the red cars windows with batons, but the red car just reversed straight back and smashed into the police car and then rammed forward into the blocking car. It managed to break its way through and flew up Shandon street. Police car, bike and paddy wagon tore up after it. Does anyone know what it was about? Haven't heard anything on news yet..

it was a red honda civic with 4 underage youths driving and they drove down a 1 way street and picked up chase.

Advertisement