Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky blue

Options
  • 11-02-2006 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭

sky blue

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353014/)

Is a Kroean anime which i found to be very disapointing, animation while pretty when its still looked clunky when moving. The storyline dropped characters in and out without any real explanation and worse of all...It only had a dub track on a 2 disc Tarten release.

The story is familer stuff, esp to fans of appleseed. One final Utopian city remains and all who live outside it live in a wasteland working as slaves to those in the city, until a a rebel group of these slaves start planning the fall of the city...really i couldnt keep interested in the movie to get through all this so i'll stop trying to guess what happens.

The main character is very dull as is everyone else in the movie. IT feels as if alot of it has been cut out and while the plot appears very simple you dont pay attention to it cause its so mind numingly dull. Even the comic relief is simply annoying.

Even from a action T+A perspective the movie comes up quite low with a few gunfights that are very conformist (though i felt the soldiers appear very Aeon Flux like) with little creativity or 'coolness' factor.

Feels like something that would have worked better as a 6-13 episode series then a movie. (Sort of how the X movie that appeared over here felt like [which was a series chopped up into a movie])

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

There was comic relief? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

some comic character (
    the only digger to survive
    ) was meant to be slapstick funny, just ended up being annoying. Had a really annoying dub as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

This actually got a brief cinema release in Dublin.

But I wasn't too pushed to go along to see it... the trailer really didn't make it look at all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well forbidden planet really pushed it in cambridge (posters etc up all over the place) so i gave it a rent along with Brotherhood. Turned out to be a big mistake, and now i see the place is pushing Aeon Flux in a big way...shouldnt have trusted the B*sterds.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Seen Sky Blue in the cinema and was painful to keep my eyes open during most of it. Animation is amazing but storyline was really boring and corny :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

I saw this about a year ago, it was originally called Wonderful days, style over substance mainly, but I enjoyed it none the less for its technical accomplishments.

Advertisement