Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFO/alien Flyers

• 11-02-2006 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Some old flyers and pics for those who are interested

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

some more-any fills more than welcome!

I'll scan some more later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 IceBox

Here ya go:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

02-12-2006111856AM.jpg

02-12-2006112251AM.jpg

02-12-2006112403AM.jpg

02-12-2006112535AM.jpg

02-12-2006112650AM.jpg

02-12-2006112815AM.jpg

02-12-2006112926AM.jpg

02-12-2006113213AM.jpg

jaysus I'd forgotten about half of those gigs LOL....i'll post more stuff up during the week, thanks for the bits and pieces, much appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jaysus im goin all misty eyed looking at them nice one folks keep them coming happy memories i was a regular in the UFO,etc:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Same here, regular in the UFO, great club. Never forget the night it was raided, bit strange being off your head and guards everywhere! Cheers for the memories all. Would love to see more photos too. Anyone got any photos from the Temple of Sound??? You still djing Francois?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Felixdhc wrote:
    Same here, regular in the UFO, great club. Never forget the night it was raided, bit strange being off your head and guards everywhere! Cheers for the memories all. Would love to see more photos too. Anyone got any photos from the Temple of Sound??? You still djing Francois?

Yeah i got stung by the bas**d gardai that nite with a few sweeties :mad:

jonny68 wrote:

I have the front page of the evening herald from that night, I'll scan it for you...mad night indeed....we thought it was the end of the club, mind you the owner (robbie wooton would you believe, now owns spirit) said, "dont worry about it, it's probably the first and last time you'll ever get on the front page of the herald"

jonny68 wrote:

I had one in me already and two in my pocket when they arrived in...necked the other two straight away. A few mates were taken away that night with a lot on them. I remember everyone outside then boppin away thinking we might get back in. Althought I think we had to wait till everyone was searched before we could get our jackets. Some of the main dealers (remain nameless) were near me when the guards came in. A young guard came over to them and on his own led them out a fire exit and closed the door after them...looked like they were being let go

• Advertisement

A young guard came over to them and on his own led them out a fire exit and closed the door after them...looked like they were being let go[/QUOTE]

lot of dodgy stuff went on that night, they took the decks apart looking for drugs, i'd just popped and was rushing like mad, trying to answer questions-i remember some bloke jumped out of the van in cuffs cheered on by the crowd, only to be caught. the barmen threw a load of splif into the mop bucket so at least we had a spliff after they all split:v:
    poor sarah rock had a the book thrown at her (being dickie's daughter) we were lucky to get the license back-we never realised some of the big gangs used to use the place for business before we did the club there, they must have thought it was xmas when we opened a rave club there....

francois wrote:
    -we never realised some of the big gangs used to use the place for business before we did the club there, they must have thought it was xmas when we opened a rave club there....

The gas thing was they were never discrete about their dealing. All the heads hanging round openly selling pills, and they really were the main heads at the time - although they did use younger lads a lot to actually sell. Even the chill out room was another mad part. It was great to go down there for a cup of tea and a spliff to scag out for a bit before heading back up to hop around the place. Ah the memories, loved the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Here's a load of old (1996) Metroland flyers from Waterford

http://www.forum.blaa-blaa.com/viewtopic.php?t=943

First one is particulary funny. Lots of old Irish names knocking around on them as well as a few big foreign names

KevIRL wrote:
    Here's a load of old (1996) Metroland flyers from Waterford

http://www.forum.blaa-blaa.com/viewtopic.php?t=943

First one is particulary funny. Lots of old Irish names knocking around on them as well as a few big foreign names

Nice! mad times down in waterford, great to see all those gigs i'd forgotten about!

Advertisement