Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in reffing?

Options
  • 11-02-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

If anyone would have any interest in becoming an american football referree then let me know, theres a training weekend coming up - 25th/26th I beleive - in dublin for any and all who wish to become a ref. In the past there has been no costs involved and im assuming its the same format this year. Knowledge of the game is preferrable but all shall be thought at the training course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yeah, i'd be definitely interested in this, pm sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 NDMARSHALS

Anyone interested the clinic is next weekend

2006 IAFOA Clinic will be held at Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre on Sat 25th & Sun 26th February.

This year – we have a guest presenter from BAFRA.

Brian Yates has been working Football since its early days in the UK. He was one of the few British officials to work US Airforce Base football in the 80’s & early 90’s . He has been selected as Referee for several British Championship games over the years and also worked some European games – including one here in Dublin.

Times

Saturday 25th February 10:00 to 16:30

Sunday 26th February 10:00 to 15:00

Note : Sunday finish in time for Ireland v Wales 6 nations game
    Topics to be covered include

Life in the Trenches
    Chained to the Sidelines
    “Call that Pass Interference?”
    Life as the White Hat
    Why do the officials arrive so early? – the pre-game
    (and you won’t hear me speaking for 2 days!)

Additionally, there will be sessions using game clips from both NCAA and EFAF football

Email Tony at tonyrivers@iolfree.ie

Or you can call me 087-2379936 and come with the Marshal's Reps and be part of the Marshals :)

JOhn

Advertisement