Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arranging text around an image

Options
  • 11-02-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

In a flyer I'm putting together, I'm using a table in word so that I can print out 3 on a page, but I can't quite get the text to be justified correctly about the photo in the background. Is there a way to make that easier?

Don't have PS on this puter and I'm looking to finish this off today. Any tips'd be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

edanto wrote:
    In a flyer I'm putting together, I'm using a table in word so that I can print out 3 on a page, but I can't quite get the text to be justified correctly about the photo in the background. Is there a way to make that easier?

Don't have PS on this puter and I'm looking to finish this off today. Any tips'd be great.

Not sure exactly what your trying to do.
    Do you want text over the image, or along side of it?
    Maybe post up a quick screen print of what your doing and we'll help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I've put a picture behind all the text, but first I used a PS gradient to whiten enough of it for my text.

It just doesn't look very pro, I don't really like the way the text covers part of her head and well it just looks a bit messy.

Any ideas? Just now, I've thought I'll move the text up the page a bit so that the bottom isn't obscured.

I guess you got to choose whether the image is a full on background image or it's almost stand-alone.
    I think it's caught in between the two here.
    Probably best you do as you've already suggested - moving text up / image downwards.
    Other is to make the image more transparent, as the last chunk of text it too heavily affected by the image.

Cheers. I'm at home now with the Photoshop PC, and I'll try to get it a bit transparent. Might even take a stab at adding the text in PS instead of using word. New at this, so it's slow enough.

Screw Word!!

Go photoshop. Then again, you probably knew that. Adjusting the transparency gave me much more freedom to place the text, cheers.

It looks much better on paper than in the jpg, really had to crunch it to get it under 100k.

• Advertisement

edanto wrote:
    Screw Word!!

Go photoshop. Then again, you probably knew that. Adjusting the transparency gave me much more freedom to place the text, cheers.

It looks much better on paper than in the jpg, really had to crunch it to get it under 100k.

Good job!
    Looks good :)

Best of luck with all the events our involved with. Seems a good cause.

Advertisement