Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Phone

Options
  • 11-02-2006 6:18pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought a Nokia phone off the Carphone Wareohouse in August. In November it started freezing and shutting off in the middle of texts and just when I was looking through my phone. I brought it into them in Dec and they had it til the start of Feb.

Once I got it back I realised nothing had changed the phone still did the same thing. The problem is it never did the shutting down thing when they had it.

I brought it back in and the guy basically accused me of making up the problem!
    Any idea what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

What did they say they'd do for you now?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Just said they'd send it away again. But that did nothing to help.
    And I dont have the 100euro deposit to get a replacement phone.

Twice Ive handedmy phone into the Carphone Warehouse for a 3 week repair and twice they've taken almost 8 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dory wrote:
    The problem is it never did the shutting down thing when they had it.
    How do you know it didn't. They could be spinning you a yarn.

Take it back again and if its under warranty ask for a replacement. If not ask them to show you some documentation as to how long it will take for it to be examined or get them to put a date down when it can be collected again.

Make sure you get a receipt when you are leaving it back. Be firm with them but in an amicable way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

which model Nokia is it - it is likely to be a firmware problem and you might be able to get the firmware updated.

Other halfs phone went wonky (wouldn't ring but rest of phone was ok) after a few months and she brought it back to an O2 shop. They basically took it back under warranty and then told us that there was water damage. Very good I said but can you explain how water is so selective to leave phone working ok bar no ringing?? Anyway I told herself to make a claim on the insurance - for alleged water damage.

Other halfs phone went wonky (wouldn't ring but rest of phone was ok) after a few months and she brought it back to an O2 shop. They basically took it back under warranty and then told us that there was water damage. Very good I said but can you explain how water is so selective to leave phone working ok bar no ringing?? Anyway I told herself to make a claim on the insurance - for alleged water damage.

Because obviously the water got into the speaker.
    Nothing's ever anyone's fault. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pythia wrote:
    Because obviously the water got into the speaker.
    Nothing's ever anyone's fault. :rolleyes:

Quite possible, but I once witnessed my friend drop his phone on the ground at home. Phone refused to turn on after that, but was cosmectically pretty good.

Brought it into Meteor store, he heard back short time later.....they told him it was water damaged :rolleyes:

HavoK wrote:
    Quite possible, but I once witnessed my friend drop his phone on the ground at home. Phone refused to turn on after that, but was cosmectically pretty good.

Brought it into Meteor store, he heard back short time later.....they told him it was water damaged :rolleyes:

Well the people who work in shops generally aren't engineers so they couldn't really be trusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Gunshot

jus tel him tht u want a replcement of da fone bcause it is faulty
    if he tels u tht u didnt get insurance den jus tel him tht under the act of
    "Supply of goods and services in 1980" states tht goods shd b of merchantable quality but da fone u slod me is not of merchantable quality.
    Tht happened 2 me once nd i said tht nd he replaced da fone real quick lolz

Gunshot wrote:
    "Supply of goods and services in 1980" states tht goods shd b of merchantable quality but da fone u slod me is not of merchantable quality.

In English please?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gunshot wrote:
    Hey buddy, you are posting on a thread now and not sending text messages.

Just be warned that the mod may give you a yellow card for that type of text

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ribenaro

I've had the same problem with Nokia phones. My last phone used to turn off itself very frequently (I think it was a 6610) and I think used to jump when I was scrolling. In the end I needed a software upgrade. I have a 6230 that switches off every so often but I put that down to the 1001 times it has landed on it's head!

Advertisement