Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Player for the Yaris

Options
  • 11-02-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a Yaris next week and I was talking to a guy working in a Toyota garage about the CD player. I don't have one installed at the moment (it's a radio/cassette right now). But he said if I was to get one fitted in, I've to buy a genuine Toyota CD stereo. He priced it for me and the 6-CD is EUR515! I got such a shock I didn't ask any more.

I was hoping to just buy a CD player and have it fitted, but I can't find any genuine Toyota one online.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yeah it's expensive, best going to Ebay or looking in the Buy And Sell. You can also fit a standard one to it but it doesn't really look the best, some different connectors are required to hook it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Aspiration wrote:
    I'm getting a Yaris next week and I was talking to a guy working in a Toyota garage about the CD player. I don't have one installed at the moment (it's a radio/cassette right now). But he said if I was to get one fitted in, I've to buy a genuine Toyota CD stereo. He priced it for me and the 6-CD is EUR515! I got such a shock I didn't ask any more.

I was hoping to just buy a CD player and have it fitted, but I can't find any genuine Toyota one online.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Cheers in advance.
    Main Dealer = rip off:mad:

Go to e-bay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

am not familiar with a yaris head unit is it a double din? looking at pictures it seems to be split in two or something?

can you not buy an aftermarket cd player and get some sort of faschia from toyota to cover any holes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You don't need to have a genuine toyota cd player, if you use the connects2 adaptor.
    The adaptor will allow most CD players to play and run through the display.
    Take the old radio cassette out and fit the new one in its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CJhaughey wrote:
    You don't need to have a genuine toyota cd player, if you use the connects2 adaptor.

this looks rubbish. try getting a genuine second hand cd changer

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote:

this looks rubbish, and the casette unit can't be removed. try getting a genuine second hand cd changer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

For the Yaris you have two options.
    1. get a Sony CDX-T69 + interface package that connects through the cd changer port on the original head unit

2. below the radio there is a pocket, where you can fit an after market cd player. this way the original head unit needs to be disconected. For that you will need a Toyota wirring loom adaptor. Going this way you an fit any after market cd / mp3 player.

louie wrote:
    below the radio there is a pocket, where you can fit an after market cd player. this way the original head unit needs to be disconected. For that you will need a Toyota wirring loom adaptor. Going this way you an fit any after market cd / mp3 player.

it does look ridiculous though

colm_mcm wrote:
    it does look ridiculous though

How do you know? Do you have a Toyota Yaris?

i work for Toyota.....

I've seen a few people connect a normal stereo into the DIN size box over the ashtray, it looks completely ridiculous, as the original radio, clock, temp gauge, and the casette unit (still fitted in the top part of the dash) don't work

autoradio-yaris.jpg

the CD player would go under the casette unit in the picture (bottom of the dash, the casette unit is not removable.)

Also, you do not have to go for the Toyota 6-CD changer, a single CD deck is also availible from Toyota

• Advertisement

Ah my mistake I thought that the Yaris used the same setup as the corolla, with removable cassette player.
    However that is the trick with the Connects2 adaptor, the new cd player can actually be controlled through the top unit just like the factory unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Cheers lads, sounds like really good advice above... But unfortunately I don't have a clue what some of that stuff is... So, should I just go to some other garage to get the cd player fitted? ...Or, should I go back to them with the information from here?

Colm_mcm, where would be the best place to look for a second hand one?

Cheers again everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I got one of those aldi cd players and was hoping it would be an easy installation into the yaris, but i have to go buy them wires and stuff....looks like hard work dont think ill bother!

I got one of those aldi cd players and was hoping it would be an easy installation into the yaris, but i have to go buy them wires and stuff....looks like hard work dont think ill bother!

Is not as hard as it seems. you just need to pay more attention on pulling the dash board out.

All you need there is the Toyota wiring loom adaptor, and it shouldn't take you more then 30min or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Cheers lads, I'll pass on the info to others that might be able to do it! :o

Pulled this out of Buy & Sell

Genuine, Toyota 6 cd changer, cost €600+vat, new, will suit Yaris, Corolla, etc, can be fitted €200. 087-1241860 053-47802

Advertisement