Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Instrument panel failure on bmw e39

Options
  • 11-02-2006 6:52pm

Any ideas why apart from it being the fuse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A friend of mine had a similar problem and it turned out to be his alternator.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Can you give a bit more info? What is/is not happening to it?

Speedometer fuel gauge, rev counter and temp gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

My guess (and it is a guess) If its not the fuse then theres bad wiring or a short somewhere. As thats too many electric devices in the localised same area to be a general fault like the alternator.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The symptoms are similar to those that occur when the batteries in the service indicator board die. however, that was on older (pre early 90s) models and I haven't come across it on the E39.
    Ask on a BMW technical forum (e.g. www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Are the lights on the dash working? i.e. the battery.traction, abs warning light

Advertisement