Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I change the UDP and TCP ports on the Netopia wireless router?

• 11-02-2006 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I have the Netopia 3347NWG model and I want to open up those ports to communicate.

How do I do this? I went into http://192.168.1.254/ and looked up the basic mode and expert mode and found nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Go to expert mode

Then click on configure -> advanced -> then NAT

you should be able to change it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I can only edit TDP or UDP at once. How do I edit both at the same time?

I am trying to connect through PP Live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ringo6

Check out http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/Cayman3346/PPLive.htm.

It says it's for the 3346 but I think they're similar??

When I was setting up my 3341, I had to change the firewall options to Low to get port forwarding to work. Not sure if the 3347NWG has fw option.

Let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I had to set firewall to "off" on the router to get stuff to work before.

You can't do UDP and TCP at the same time, just do them separately, it doesnt take long.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Ringo6, it is working perfectly now. I had to lower the firewall settings though for port forwarding to work as DemonOfTheFall said.

Advertisement