Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv what happened to em?

• 11-02-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

im now cut off for the rest of the month

theres no way i have downloaded 12gb

i have looked for help from their support dept ... NO REPLY

somebodys just told me that they are counting uploads in that new allowance
    what a joke
    i allways have torrents on upload (last 8gb allowance was download only, upload was never measured/charged)

luckily im away from them soon to BT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

same position as you except I'm being charged right now, which I'll be complaining about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

UTV are incredible(in a bad way!)

Lads/Ladies I feel sorry for you being cut off so early in the month as theres still another 2.5 weeks until March....for which youll have no BB!

Get your asses over to BT ASAP as Ive had them since Feb2005 and have only ever been under the CAP >>>ONCE<<< and NEVER BEEN CHARGED...thats right about a year now of going double over my CAP for 3 or 4 of those months to boot!!!

Once a critical loss of customers registers with UTV's managers mabye they might have more respect for their Irish subscribers and the market might be competitive....but it looks like they want to leave the Irish market now considering their actions over charging/disconnecting their customers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I find them fine. I'm getting unlimited 2mb broadband for €15.99p/m for the first few months. Going up to €35.98p/m which is good for unlimited broadband.

Skyuser wrote:
    I find them fine. I'm getting unlimited 2mb broadband for €15.99p/m for the first few months. Going up to €35.98p/m which is good for unlimited broadband.

I would personially be very wary of this unlimited downloading stuff as there are many ways for UTV to limit your speed if you start downloading 100GB a month!

Read this:
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEkZkApkpZEjgBfugD

AFAIK UTV also have a "Fair Usage policy" clause which they might activate once you hit 30...40...etc GB a month!

Well at least UTV are still attracting new customers even after all the bad mouthing about them over the last 6 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

thats right about a year now of going double over my CAP for 3 or 4 of those months to boot!!!

Don't you realise that it's precisely this kind of idiotic behaviour that's going to fcuk it up for everybody eventually. Grow up for jazus sake and use you head!

What's even more annoying is you seem to think that it is something to be proud of. :( :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Valentia wrote:

Don't you realise that it's precisely this kind of idiotic behaviour that's going to fcuk it up for everybody eventually. Grow up for jazus sake and use you head!

What's even more annoying is you seem to think that it is something to be proud of. :( :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahaha!!!

I never really thought of it like that.....sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

If you look at the unlimited isp's in UK they all have the 'fair usage policy'

Skyuser wrote:
    If you look at the unlimited isp's in UK they all have the 'fair usage policy'

Does anyone here know someone in the UK with UTV BB?

What policies do they enforce there in regards to CAPs and such as I would think it would be difficult in such a competitive market as exists in the UK to charge such large amounts/disconnect for going over the CAP....or am I assuming incorrectly?

BTW
    Valentia, I honestly dont know how much I have downloaded since the end of Sept2005!

Advertisement