Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon Bodykit?

Options
  • 11-02-2006 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Finally got my first motor and saved abit by getting a 02 Leon over a golf so more money for some cosmetic upgrades

I'm getting the cupra r 17 inch wheels but does anyone know of any reputable companies selling full bodykits for the Seat Leon (preferably a full replica cupra r kit as the ones on the net seem to be made of fibre glass which is no good) .

Do any places offer re-sprays on the kits aswell or do I have to go to another place.

Oh yeah any cheap places for a nice set of tyres to go with the new wheels.

Dublin area preferably but can travel for a bargain.

Any help for a newbie would be great

Thanks

Steph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

steph2006 wrote:
    does anyone know of any reputable companies selling full bodykits for the Seat Leon (preferably a full replica cupra r kit as the ones on the net seem to be made of fibre glass which is no good)

did you get a price from Seat? I'm just curious how much it would cost for the real deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 steph2006

Wasnt aware you could get one from the main dealer won't have thought they would do then , however i'll ring around some dealers tommorow . Do I just ask for parts and a cupra r bodykit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

call ed on 01-2115899 his company is called ep modifications and is based in shankill. he should be able to help.he is tried and tested.he should be there mon-sat about 12-6pm.
    if u cant get through then pm me and i will give u his mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

eiretyres.com for the tyres. Cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

welcome to the fold steph! what did you get, remember these are perfect from the onset and need little modifications to set them off I can guarantee you, have you thought about a simple lowering of the coilovers and a decent set of wheels.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the reply , yeah HashSlinging its just a standard black one with no alloys etc but was surprised with the spec the leons come with especially for the money all electrics , airbags , fogs etcs .

That might be an easier option , might get the original 17 inch cubra r alloys with new wheels and see how it looks. Do I need new low profile tyres for them to look the best or will standard ones look the same as I dont want to effect the ride to much.

What are you driving yourself and what mods did you do.

What bumper is on your signature leon as I can't make it out.

edit : thanks kc66 just looked at eiretyres and the price for the pirelli is great , one question what do you do about fitting them ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

kc66 wrote:
    eiretyres.com for the tyres. Cheap

Not always. One of our local places is fitting a certain set of bridgestones for less than eiretyres sells them for.

steph2006 wrote:
    That might be an easier option , might get the original 17 inch cubra r alloys with new wheels and see how it looks. Do I need new low profile tyres for them to look the best or will standard ones look the same as I dont want to effect the ride to much.

You could get 215/45 profile, the ride will be fine, that’s what I have. The Cupra rims are pretty expensive though, I tried getting them a few months ago but ended up getting alloys that look very similar as the cupra wheels were just too much!
    edit : thanks kc66 just looked at eiretyres and the price for the pirelli is great , one question what do you do about fitting them ???

I got them fitted in east coast alloys

BTW, when asking about the Cupra bodykit, make sure you know the differance between the cupra kits.

Cupra T:
    seat-cleon-01.jpg

Cupra R:
    2050214.002.1M.jpg

In my experience, the dealers themselves don’t know the difference and will order the wrong one before you know it :p

Cheers ando , can I ask what did you pay for your alloys and any pictures as I was hopen to pick up a reconditioned set as the new ones are quite expensive as you said.

Not to fussy on make of tyres so but would prefer a could set of bridgestones , pirellis etc so I best ring around to get the best price.

Seems most of the dealers are closed today anyway so I'll check the prices for the proper bodykit tommorow

Thanks for the heads up dont like to Cupra T kit would prefer the cupra R

• Advertisement

steph2006 wrote:
    any pictures as I was hopen to pick up a reconditioned set as the new ones are quite expensive as you said.

well here's the real Cupra R wheels, the ones I was originally after, but too expensive:
    2.jpg

I ended up getting these from east coast, about €1100 including tyres:
    wheels.jpg

Their 1000 miglia HT3's

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Its €2600 to get the cupra r kit ordered, fitted and sprayed at a main seat dealer, thats what i got quoted about 3 months ago, i never bought a leon though, too hard to find a good one in my price range.

Cheers for the replay , ando I think those wheels will do the business as they look near identical . Ando what inch are those ones you have on the car there.

draffodx , do you know what you would get exactly for that price,
    rear spoiler etc...

steph2006 wrote:
    Ando what inch are those ones you have on the car there

17" rims, 215/45 tyres ;)

Will you tell us if you get a price elsewhere for a front Cupra R bumper. I was thinking of replacing the cupra T front bumper i currently have

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

steph2006 wrote:
    Cheers for the replay , ando I think those wheels will do the business as they look near identical . Ando what inch are those ones you have on the car there.

draffodx , do you know what you would get exactly for that price,
    rear spoiler etc...

Think it was for front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper, nearly sure a spoiler wasnt included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Steph PM me details of exactly what you want and I will get you a price for the kit etc. Just let me know what colour your motor is aswell!!

Will do just waiting for the lunch break to make a few calls. Cheers jonny24ie PM send .

Advertisement