Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh fvck!

• 11-02-2006 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭

This just showed up on my iBook:
    panic(cpu 0 caller 0x000A46D4): attempt to interlock mutex (0x01D6740C) failed on mutex lock

Latest stack backtrace for cpu0:
                Backtrace:
               0x00 [i][22 like that][/i]

Proceeding back via exception chain:
    Exception state (sv=0x21545C80)
    PC=0x8FE2196C; MSR=0x000000D030; DAR 0x... DSISR=0x... LR=0x...; R1=0x...; XCP=0x... (0xC00 - System call)

Kernel version:
    Darwin kernel Version 8.4.0: Tue Jan 3 18:22:10 PST 2006; root:xnu-793.6.56.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC

This just showed up across the screen, white on black -- did I suffer a kernel panic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    This just showed up on my iBook:
    This just showed up across the screen, white on black -- did I suffer a kernel panic?

Yes a kernel panic, google shows nothing obvious, any more info ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Kernel panic alright!!!:eek:

Shut down restart, cross fingers and repair permissions.............

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Phew!
    Nothing serious, but it did look worrisome -- ran OnyX to repair permissions etc, all fine & dandy now ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Phew!
    Nothing serious, but it did look worrisome -- ran OnyX to repair permissions etc, all fine & dandy now ^_^

nice one! yeah definitely a kernel panic...tho normally it just tells you to restart the machine without the extended info....looks like you had a "special" panic :p

Advertisement