Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Bi)Weekly Galway footie?

Options
  • 11-02-2006 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

I'd like to get a (bi)weekly kick-a-bout going, I'm defo not good enough to get into the NUIG team or any team for that matter but I still need the excercise, and the gym is not for me.

So, any interest?

(I know there's another thread for this, but that's getting no attention, merge this with the other one if you wish, mods)

P.S I'm not particularly fussy about the venue, unless it's outside and raining :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I also need the exercise and the gym isn't for me. I'm not very good at all but sure fsck it this board is full of nerds. I'd say we could get a decent 5v5 going at least. We could start by just making one every saturday morning at the claddagh every day that it's not raining.

We all know that if there's too much planning to do it's not gonna happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Aye, I don't like planning too much, last time I had planned(Kharn also helped me) a Galway boards kick-a-bout in the Drom, I swore I would never do that much planning for 1-2 hours of an event again... er so yeah the claddagh seems like a good option...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Where is the claddagh?

Follow the ring :p

Go to the spanish arch, the big field/pier across the water from the back of the arch is the claddagh. Just cross that bridge, go left and walk for 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

grasshopa wrote:
    We could start by just making one every saturday morning at the claddagh every day that it's not raining.

How many days are you gonna get in Galway when it doesn't rain?? ;)

In fairness though I'd love a game come hail or shine - claddagh it is so, every saturday. Now just pick a time, how about midday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well the college has a pretty decent hall with lots of people using it for various activities. Why not see what times are available at the desk?

Yes, but more likely than not, the hall would be booked on a saturday, but I'll tell ya what, on saturdays that the hall can't be booked for, we'll just go down to Claddagh. Oh and timewise, midday should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I already play soccer twice on Saturdays,
    otherwise i'd be there.

Twice? :eek: how long per session?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

2 hours each

• Advertisement

hmmm well how about making 25th a preliminary date for this to happen? Hope you all won't be too hungover from GMIT rag week/Galway Beers bash :p

why not this saturday, the 18th? I can be there and could probably bring 2 or 3 more too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi, saw this on the front page, I'd suggest you each putting an image in your sig. I've organised a boards game up in Dublin and the sig brought in a few new punters:) Just make sure to put Galway in the sig;)

Perhaps we'll give you a game some day too:D

Hmmm you're right, the 18th seems good, just thought I'd give people more chance to notice this thread :( So, is 18th ok with yous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Will we need boots or will runners do.

Well I've no boots :D I'd rather not get tackled with studded boots tbh :/

So it will be a kick about on a hard surface

plonk wrote:
    Will we need boots or will runners do.

ok I think we need to iron this one out. I think we've agreed to play on the claddagh which is a field, fairly soft at this time of year in which case we will probably need boots - no?

I was planning on turning up in boots anyway.

If ye have no boots (Demeant0r!) I guess turn up with runners but ye'll hardly keep on your feet for too long I'd say.

The alternative is outdoor hard surface or indoor venue, either of which we would have to book/pay for.

Unless there's a hard surface at the claddagh I don't know about??

Personally i would prefer outdoor hard surface

Me too, but are ye prepared to fork out money every week for that leisure?

• Advertisement

I have no problem paying a few euro every week for a game of soccer but the problem arises when we have booked but not enough turn up or some other suchlike

Well I don't have problem with paying a few quid every week either, maybe we could start booking a outside hard/indoor pitch after March...

Just to refresh your memories, we start tomorrow(18th) @ 12pm in Claddagh.

Can whoever is coming tomorrow post here...

Yeah I'll be there, see ye at 12. I can bring bibs and a ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

as much as i'd like to attend i'm away to the midlands for the saturday, sorry, maybe next week, good luck with it.

Hmmm I just realised that the Man U and Liverpool match kicks off @ 12.30, perhaps people want to watch that instead? I don't mind if people want to push this back 1 week and give them more notice?

I also won't be there till next week cos I gotta move house tomorrow, plus thought it was only on next week till now.

I'll also have a few non boardsers to bring next week too if needed.

If we push this back I'll have more time to book us a nice place to play on... but it's up to ye really...

Anyways I'll show up tomorrow in case there are people that didn't read this thread today and we'll see what happens...

I need confirmation... I don't think 2 people are enough to play a game of football, are there any more coming or should we postpone it til next week?

• Advertisement

I was gonna bring 2 or 3 but in any case I don't think we'll have the numbers. postpone til next week?

Advertisement