Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Bi)Weekly Galway footie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Think that's the best option at the moment, this thread needs more attention :<

Next week I can get us a proper pitch in NUIG or some place else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I'd be interested in playing Dave. But I wouldn't be very flexible with times on a Sat@12 but if you're considering a little later I'd be able.

how much later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

2hrs later?

ok so i'm gonna try and book the hall or part of the hall in NUIG tomorrow, any objections?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

No objection just wondering about time. Will it be at 12 or later or earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

No objections, I reckon I could round up 3 or 4 people if need be.

Now to get ye all drunk at boards and destroy ye with my shítty soccer skills!

I haven't checked yet, will do in an hour or so when I get out of this stupid lab :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Twas a good lab where I somehow got wrangled into this???
    so if it's on in nuigs hall I'll come around for a kickabout, like everybody except for the guy with bibs(ha) I will suck and am unfit. :)

Ok I checked and Saturday is booked by the Tae Kwon Do club. Does anyone know who to call to book the pitch in Dangan, or maybe someone should book the hall in GMIT... if we can't get any indoor pitch we may have to go to the Claddagh... :/

• Advertisement

I think Salthill Devons can be booked, I ain't got no number for them though.

It's astroturf though

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

Salthill Devon 091 861 862

Golden Pages

Salthill Devon website

google is your friend

Lads this week we're gonna be in the Claddagh temporarily, I will try and book a full time slot in the NUIG hall or Dangan for Saturdays during rag week if it can be done at all. Bring all normal stuff if you have them: Water, boots(I don't have them) and if Danny can bring bibs down that'd be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

Sorry guys, I can't make it tomorrow, gotta go to Dublin tonight and not back til Sunday.

Well can all people going tomorrow post... Anyways, I'm gonna show up tomorrow and see how many people we can get... can someone bring a ball? :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just got out of bed so eh, wasn't there, damn cold.

Just got out of bed so eh, wasn't there, damn cold.
    What a random comment O.o So is that a yes for going to Claddagh tomorrow @ 12? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i'll try and get outta bed i suppose, bags not bein skins

Demeant0r wrote:
    What a random comment O.o So is that a yes for going to Claddagh tomorrow @ 12? :D
    Lol I was so wasted when I woke up I thought it was saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

jesus tar... Every day it's stuff like this that makes you more and more of a legend in my eyes!!!:D

Knowing you, you'll sleep thru the whole of saturday, turn up on Sunday and then post indignantly that nobody was there when you turned up...

I mean, christ, I just know that's gonna happen to me 2moro in Dublin!

P.S. Just think, if we can keep up the Galway and Dublin footie Saturdays, maybe in the Summer we can organise a match between the 2 squads!

Ok, maybe too ambitious.

• Advertisement

lol yeah, also bring some friends people! :)

I was at claddagh(I think it's claddagh anyways, the place with Fr. Griffin GAA club) from 12-12:30 and no one showed up. Some people were probably there but I didn't know what they looked like so I had a kick-a-bout with myself. It was probably my fault seeing as I should have put my mobile up so people can contact me -_-;;

Anyways next Saturday, I'm hoping to get the NUIG hall for an hour or two. And I'm hoping people actually show up this time.

Also, my mobile number is: 087-1384363 if you don't recognise me next time.

Also I should get more organisational skillz :F
    Ok, anymore if we are going to Claddagh, meet outside in the car park on a wall or something, or wear a "I'm a nerd" t-shirt :D

Also, i'm trying to organise an astroturf event open to all of boards.ie at end of May... it will/might incorporate a Boards beer bash, check the events forum

Er one last note, can this be stickified as it's going to be a weekly event?(me hopes)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i was late woke up just before 12 (late one last night :s) will make it down for the next one anyway i think i'll give ya a buzz when i get there

I was wasted
    ;_;
    ;

jesus tar... Every day it's stuff like this that makes you more and more of a legend in my eyes!!!

Knowing you, you'll sleep thru the whole of saturday, turn up on Sunday and then post indignantly that nobody was there when you turned up...
    it nearly happened! and the sleeping part did happen.

Lol, I just hope people actually show up next Saturday, please? -_-''

I was without internet and didn't know the plan!

Ok, I tried to book the NUIG hall on Tuesday but the hall is booked all day Saturday by the Basketball crowd. I tried to book a pitch in Dangan but no one picked up the phone... So this Saturday it'll be in the claddagh SOCCER pitch... there's a small one beside the Fr. Griffin GAA club pitch.

Meet @ the car park, bring your boots, bibs if you have them, water and shorts if you want. If you can't find me, even though it's easy (look for a chinaman :p) you can ring me @ 0871384363

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

What time and I will be there this time!

I'll be there this time, unless it rains, then I won't be. Also I have no football boots but twill do.

So who's in? If not many I'll bring people

• Advertisement

It's on @ 12

I tried to book Dangan, but once again woman said it's all booked out all day Saturday, every Saturday...

Advertisement