Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greek restaurants in Limerick?

Options
  • 11-02-2006 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a greek resturant in Limerick? I have a hankering for some

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Atheneon in Limerick it's a Greek restaurant on Steamboat Quay by Schooners.
    Yet again the food is excellent and the service is brilliant. I've been there a handful of times and I've always come away a happy camper

Source: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=982605&postcount=25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Karoma wrote:
    Yet again the food is excellent and the service is brilliant. I've been there a handful of times and I've always come away a happy camper

Thanks that was fast ill try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Erm, was.
    Closed over a year ago I'm afraid. Decent place too.

moz,

Karoma wrote:

moz wrote:
    Erm, was.
    Closed over a year ago I'm afraid. Decent place too.

moz,
    Any other Greek resturants around then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I know in France they call Kebabs "Sandwiches Grecs", so if by Greek food you mean kebabs, look no further than Casa Nova or Pizza Hot as it used to be called beside the Wild Onion American restaurant up near Cornmarket/around the corner from the Icon near enough to the Round House Pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Weak very weak the man wants greek food not pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Greek 'kebabs' are called 'souvlaki' and they are much nicer than kebabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Indeed but the kebabs mentioned by Gaf are of turkish origin, whereas the greek souvlaki is a marinated meat on a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

or do you mean kebabs of the abrakebabra variety? because they are called gyros. i lived on them for 8 months when i lived in thessaloniki. a greek restaurant would be great, i really miss the food. mmm...tzatiki....

No i am looking for a proper Greek restaurant. I want to get some of there lamb however they do it its just soooo nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement