Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media Player ruined my java files

• 11-02-2006 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

I was installing a new game the other day and it required that windows media player 9 be installed. So installed it and everything was fine, until today.

With a programming test coming up I thought I better do a bit of studying using Textpad. But to my horror I found that all of my old (and used to be working files) had be changed to start up with media player.

These files are the .class files and to my knowledge they should not be assigned to start up with any program. I changed them to start up with Textpad and then NetBeans followed by notepad, but none of them worked.

The programs will compile with no errors, but when executed they just display the "Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.NoClassesDefFoundError:" error. I haven't tried reinstalling Textpad cause I don't think that will do much good.

How do I solve this problem?

P.s. Microsoft strikes again, always picking on the little people:mad: , I just wanted to program!!!!:(

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

system restore to before you installed the game maybe?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Reinstall Java.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

feylya wrote:
    Reinstall Java.
    Probably the best (indirect) way for the OP to fix it.

otherwise:
    edit the class/path ; correct the file association..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I used system restore after I saw angelofdeath's reply and it worked. I never thought of using system restore, Thanks.:)

I didn't really want to reinstall Java as I had a hard time time getting it working in the first place so I decided to use system restore as I thought it was the easiest to do, but thanks very much for your help feylya and karoma.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Sue microsoft because their software resulted in the destruction of your very valuable files

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Your system path to the jdk is probably wrong? Edit that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Issue resolved.

Advertisement