Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I ugly?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I just had a look at your pic and you are most definitely not ugly!!!! Your my definition of hot anyway!! The girls who have said those things to you obviously have a self image problem and are tryin to make themselves feel better by putting down someone else who most definitely is gorgeous!!! Dont lose hope,im sure your well able to get a girl in the looks department and you sound like a really nice guy too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Thread has been gassed :\/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Hold your head up high. Who gives a shit really!?! Give up caring what other people think and you'll live a much happier life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

Not quite sure whether the original posting was a crank posting (read posting #41 above) but for what it's worth, mate, you're many planets away from ugly.

If the skin really is a problem for you, use a moisturising balm after you shave, and Neutrogena or Atrixo for your hands. Don't forget to take care of yourself from within in both senses, i.e., watch the food you eat and don't be so mean to yourself! (Even the most innocent-sounding food can cause havoc with the skin - an allergy test could be very worthwhile).

Re. the A.S., I can empathise to an extent, I have a sibling with that condition, so fair flicks for battling on!

It's all very well to suggest to you to think positive, but taking positive action as well - such as the skin treatments - will give you a major boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Er, no, you're not.

Think I am tho: http://rsynnott.com/stuff/eep.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

rsynnott wrote:
    Er, no, you're not.

Wouldn't call you ugly either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

Hey, it says more about the girl than you. Quite bad form of her, whoever she was. Betrays a certain insecurity, or I dunno, unholy b*tchiness. Girls quite adept at this. I should know, going to a convent.

And no, you're not ugly, and I'm being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

rsynnott wrote:
    Er, no, you're not.

You're grand lad. Just get a few more ham sandwiches into ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Strictly hetero here but I would say neither of the posters who have posted pics are ugly. If one wants to be picky, one of ye just needs some clearisil and to get rid of the flock of seagulls haircut and one just needs to eat more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Your not ugly(From a hetro view). And the chick who said your ugly, i would have retaliated, When she said you were ulgy you should have said "Aw thats sick, get the hell away from me, whats wrong with you" really loudly, embarass the b1tch. then walk away. Its worked for me before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

karsini

what you need to do is make a big change in your life. i had a look at your profile because i saw that you were someone who has AS. Im in the same boat as you too, I have AS, but I've tried not to dwell on it too much and get too worried about it. I found some documents relating to when I was a child and it said that I was diagnosed with it in some psychriatric clinic in dublin when i was 3 or 4 years old. AS isnt a terminal illness and it can get alot better with learning. You might think that because you have AS that you may never lead a 'normal' life like everyone else. Thats not the case. Just read up about it, it might be scary but it has to be done. You have siblings, that helps. I have many brothers.

People typical of aspergers syndrome are resistant to change and can be aloof and socially akward. They typically display the 'geeky' mannerisms and because they look different or act different they can be traumatised by other kids in school. you went through something like that, so did i, but the lads who did it to me in secondary school are probably eating from bins now. looking at your photo you don't look 'geeky' at all. you look like a gentle soul, I know that sounds a bit strange but you come across as someone who wouldnt act the bollox or have a malicious bone in them, and girls can see that too.

i look at where i am and i have a nice job now, although its a bit of a stretch to get to. i have good friends who respect me for who i am. i drive a nice car and im going to thailand for seven weeks in the summer. after that i might go away for a while to a big city, where ladies will queue up for me. things are good now.

for yourself, to make things a bit better, here is what you need to do.

-- take up excercise. i started doing this when i was your age ( im 23 now ). do runnin and weights. you will look, feel, and sleep much better and trust me that depression will go.

-- if your worried about the ladies, and your out for the night to kiss a girl, just go upto a girl you like and start talking to her. i know its easier said than done but i have read that you struck up conversations with girls. i know its tough to do but you are going to have to grow some big balls and do it. thats what i had to do. dont let any misconceptions about yourself get in your way. i used to let that get to me too and it got me nowhere.

-- you say that you are resistant to change, well you are going to have to change that. one thing that really helped me was that i had to work away from home in a different country for half a year. it was part of a college work experience programme. i was doing computers like yourself. that really brought me out of my shell. you are living in kerry. move upto dublin there are loads of computer jobs here. i understand that your brother lives in dublin. move in with him or near him ? maybe he can sort you out ?

-- eat properly, if you already dont. im talking about loads of meat and veg, cut out **** like coke, pizzas, toast with butter only, and mars bars. while they might fill you up, they do fuk all else for you. its so true to say that you are what you eat.

-- staying in your gaf all the time is bound to drive you mad. you need to get out of there man more into the world. you might not like that idea now but once you do it you will be very glad you did.

take them wee hints on board and anything else you need post here or if you want me to pm you say so and ill pm you with my real login.

good luck with it. embrace the change. i was once where you are now, take it a little at a time and things will get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Karsini wrote:
    I wanted to ask this for a long time but always assumed the mods would think it was a joke or something. But now I feel I have to.

I've attached a pic of myself. Am I unattractive? I'm asking because I've had several people tell me I'm ugly, the latest was just today. I asked a girl if she wanted to chat and she said "no, coz you're ugly". As a result of this feeling I seem to think that all the girls I ever liked would have no interest in me. I've never had a girlfriend either, at least not a real one.

I just can't stop taking negative comments on board, it was always the way with me.

I'm not sure there's any advice that anyone could give, but I think I just wanted to say this and let it out. Thanks for reading.

Know your not ugly you shouldnt listen to what people say looks can be decieving . There more to someone then just looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

hey for your skin you could get this stuff p-diddy swears by it
    http://www.proactiv.com/ its very good for clearing yoor skin. and also in a non gayway your not that bad :-)

Sorry to bring the thread back up but I only read the most recent replies now.

@ hans_asperger, I really would like to chat to you sometime so it would be great if you could PM me with your real details.

I think the thread has served its purpose, I feel a whole lot better now. If a mod wants to lock it then feel free to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

I couldn't see your photo but from what everyone said you are likely not ugly at all and some extremely mean, and insecure person has problems. The only thing I did see a few times is that you could clear up your skin and then another poster posted about Proactiv. I have been using the stuff since I was 17 (8 years now) and it's amazing. I had slightly spotty skin and it cleared it up within 2 weeks. I still use it to keep it up, and yes I still get the occasion zit but it's nothing noticable. If I were to recommend anything from my daily beauty regime, it would be Proactiv!

Other than my skin advice, and like I said, I didn't see your photo (did you take it down?) I'm sure you're fine. Some people are just mean, and those people are not worth your time. I promise you, you are worth more any ill treatment anyone will ever give you.

• Advertisement

and like I said, I didn't see your photo (did you take it down?)
    Yes I did, didn't want to keep it up longer than was necessary.

Advertisement