Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booker T

• 12-02-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Seriously what's the point of him at the moment, another stupid storyline. Having him on the commentary team is really really annoying and to top it off we have another Booker v Benoit match to look forward to a waste of Benoit's time and talent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I disagree with everything you said. I've never been a big fan of Booker's but lately I think he's been really entertaining. His commentary was the highlight of Smackdown for me not that their were many highlights. Some of his lines were priceless.

I've never seen a bad Booker, Benoit match either.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

The point I was trying to make about another Benoit match is that is no need for it, it's been done to death. No doubt the two of them put on great matches they are both talented guys and it's annoying seeing the two of them in mid-card matches. I personallly would like to see Benoit push on and push for the title. I think a Benoit v Angle match would be fantastic probably the two most tecnical guys around today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Well WWE is n't known for its logical storylines lately but its clear they do need to fight. Their best of 7 got hampered due to Bookers injury so in order for the feud to have an ending/climax they have to complete it with 1 final match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What the hell?

Booker has been outstanding on commentary in my opinion! I do be laughing my ass off at him!

Also I've found the Benoit-Booker matches very entertaining.

They should consider putting Booker on commentary when he hangs up his boots. He's way better than Coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

it's been done to death.............................................................. I think a Benoit v Angle match would be fantastic

While a Benoit/Angle feud would be great again at some time in the future, the above makes no sense. Angle and Benoit have feuded very often, they both need to feud with others before having one final match themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

What the hell?

Booker has been outstanding on commentary in my opinion! I do be laughing my ass off at him!

Also I've found the Benoit-Booker matches very entertaining.

They should consider putting Booker on commentary when he hangs up his boots. He's way better than Coach.

I LOVE that idea. :D the commentry from booker has been great!!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I personallly would like to see Benoit push on and push for the title.

I don't think Benoit would be up for that right now to be honest. By his own admission the death of his friend has hit him pretty hard, and i think he's going through a rough time mentally and that he deserves to be givin' the time to deal with that. Also, it would be out of character for Chris to just step out of a fued without delievering a good old fashioned passionate ass whooping to whoever the other dude is.

Besides, if the inclination is true, and it's pegged to be Orton Vs Taker for WM, then giving him a push based of how he works would Angel would be pointless and ill timed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm still waitin for a Benoit-Regal feud, not to mention Benoit-Finlay!

Booker's been a lot more entertaining lately I think, although I don't really enjoy his commentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

booker T when ever he does decide to give up the wrestling career, i can definitly see a career in commentating :lol:

booker T when ever he does decide to give up the wrestling career, i can definitly see a career in commentating :lol:

Did you see him tonight on Smackdown? F*cking legend. His best performance yet.

He started talking about how he was like a rabbit backed into a corner that becomes vicious. I was laughing my ass off.

I'm kinda disappointed his injury has healed as I was loving him on commentary. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

ideal scenario
    booker goes to raw to form an unlikely partnership with joey styles on commentry [wiht king & coach being sacked] benoit & angle fued over the us title and face the winner of orton v taker in a belt v belt match trying to up the profile of the us title. and sharmel dissapears somewhere in the mississippi river coz she's just plain annoying [not steph annoying while looking hot just plain annoying]

Booker was alright on SD tonight, from the bits I saw anyway. Wiping the sweat from his forehead was gas, and sayin how he'd work 365 days if he's hurt

Hear Cole's shot at Styles? I'm liking Cole more and more these days!

I've enjoyed Michael and Tazz alot lately. Michael can be real funny. Like last week I think it was when Tazz told Booker, "Careful Book, you keep screaming and you'll lose your voice" and Michael sarcastically replies, "Oh it would be a shame if that happened."

Is it just me or is Booker doing his best work in years in the WWE? I actually think Benoit could and should be involved in a better position but Booker has been excellent as the cocky heel. Actually if they took him out of the US title equation he could be a main evneter seeing as Smackdown is so short on heels these days.

I've never really liked Booker, it's just on certain occasions he really does shine for me though. Last time that I found him consistently entertaining was when he was feuding with Austin. He's a much better heel, and as much as I disliked Sharmell at first, they play off each other real well. I hope he can keep this up when he's fully recovered

Advertisement