Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Editor for Win XP 64-bit Edition, which one?

Options
  • 12-02-2006 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hiya,
    Need to get my hands on an image editor that works with Win XP 64-bit Edition. I used to use Photoshop 7 but it seems that even the most recent PS release does not support the 64-bit platform yet (yes, I regret the day I went to 64-bit!!).
    Anyone know a package that works on 64-bit? I do not need a high-end package, the main things I do is cropping and re-sizing of images into JPG format (I need these images for our webshop, so I always save them in JPG format, but the source is often GIF/JPG/EPS or other format).
    Cheers for any help

-jayo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Are you after a native 64-bit program or just something that works ?

Photoshop 7 should work under XP 64 (I know PS CS does in fact someone posted right here that PS 7 works) as XP 64 has a 32-bit compatibility layer that allows a good range of programs to run its only were programs require the use of a specific driver that run into trouble as any driver under XP 64 must be 64-bit so if their is no 64-bit version the app will not work to put it simply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As above - Are you looking for a package that takes advantage of the CPU or that works*?

*How much RAM is installed? Any error messages?

Photoshop 7 should work - it's a 32bit app & installer.

Some alternatives:
    You can compile The Gimp:)
    or upgrade to Photoshop CS2 - it's still 32bit :)

Advertisement