Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrolheads BBC2 tonight!

Options
  • 12-02-2006 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

A new panel-game starts tonight, Sunday on BBC2 at 10.10 pm with Petrolheads, chaired by Neil Morrisey with team captians Richard 'The Hampster' Hammond and Chris 'Red Drawf' Barry.

It looks like good fun.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Was this on another channel ages ago, where they brought out pieces of cars and the had to guess what it was as one part of the show?

I remember one like that where they were stumped on the front door of an '89 Micra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was lame.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

aye sounded much better than it actually turned out to be :|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Way way too scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

It was crap

Top gear was good though.

Captain Slow actually won something on Top Gear.

And launching that Mini was a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Petrolheads was terrible. Is Top Gear on again next Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

kluivert wrote:
    It was crap.

Neil Morrisey just isn't, well, anything. Mostly rubbish, though the parking was funny.
    kluivert wrote:
    Top gear was good though.

Captain Slow actually won something on Top Gear. .

A better shot than driver. But yellow snow is yellow snow;)
    kluivert wrote:
    And launching that Mini was a great idea.

More/bigger rockets next time. The Stig was impressive too

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Borzoi wrote:
    More/bigger rockets next time. The Stig was impressive too

I was surprised that
    a) he didn't let go of the handlebars
    b) his white outfit didn't turn a shade of brown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

To be fair it was the first in the series, was the first 'They think its all over hilarious' or did it take a few weeks.

Top Gear always makes me so jealous.

Those guys get paid top whack for ' Cocking about' as they put it.

I want a job like that where I can suggest wrecking a dozen small cars for entertainment sake and get the green light.

I suppose if I came up with a program that was watch by 250 million viewers I could eh !

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Didnt watch it but Top Gear was again a great laugh, would love a job like that, wonder how much damage they done to the jeeps when captain slow won?

Oh yeah dumbass with the machine gun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't reckon that was the Stig at all, to be honest. There are plenty of loonies in Scandinavia who do that sort of thing all the time, and I think they just got one of them and dressed him (or her?) in Stig's 'uniform'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Alun wrote:
    I don't reckon that was the Stig at all, to be honest. There are plenty of loonies in Scandinavia who do that sort of thing all the time, and I think they just got one of them and dressed him (or her?) in Stig's 'uniform'.

When you look at it a few times it was fairly safe, if it did start to go wrong he could just jump off and slide down the slope. With the amount of safety people they use he wouldnt be allowed if it wasn't safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

It would have been safe-ish, but could have still gone horribly wrong!

Advertisement