Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do Irish people really like cars ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Its interesting to contrast the reaction on the mainly US Ultimate cars site to the exact same thread.

I know there is a bigger membership but it has to be remembered that none of these cars are or ever were available in the USA yet it got 22 replies and many PM's enquiring about them. :D

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22919
    I don't think the fact your thread on octane only got 5 replies says that people are begrudgers or not into their cars etc. I saw your thread and the cars look great but it's hard to know how to respond to a thread like that except to say "nice cars" or something.

Threads which involve someone asking for advice or opinions will always get more responses. Also everyone likes a good argument or chance to rant so those threads will get lost of reponses too.

Also, it's natural that Americans are going to be intrigued by pics of Alfasuds due to the fact that they were never sold there and are very different to the average American car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

BrianD3 wrote:
    Also, it's natural that Americans are going to be intrigued by pics of Alfasuds due to the fact that they were never sold there and are very different to the average American car.

Just to note BrianD3 Alfas were sold there up until the mid nineties.

But its not unlike them to be a bit more vocal than we are :D

You'll have to imagine something insightfull and witty here sorry !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    I love cars probably just as much as anyone else on this forum, so just because I drive a different car to someone else's idea of an interesting car does not change the fact that I still enjoy it.

Good point, bazz26. What car people drive depends on many things, most people can't just pick the car they like the most and buy it. As kersh pointed out, many people buying cars that most of us would consider to be great cars, haven't a clue about them and aren't interested in them
    RobAMerc wrote:
    My colleague sent me outside to show me a car just like mine outside, it turned out to be a 1988 R107 300 SL (a small convertible). Mine is a 1974 w114 280ce. ( neither small or convertible)

Unreal. Even the size and position of the only thing their exteriors have in common, the three pointed star, couldn't be more different

Nice car, btw, your 280ce. Any pics?

@alfa, I still love that Sprint :)

unkel wrote:
    Nice car, btw, your 280ce. Any pics?

Would you believe I dont have many!
    These were the ones sent to me prior to buying.
    It hasn;t changed much since :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement