Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

wat was the replacement for the nokia 6310i?

• 12-02-2006 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if there even was a replacement!
    or even a phone that boasts the same positive attributes as the 6310i thats somewhere in the vast nokia range!
    is there?
    thanks lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No direct replacement ! End of .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

nokia said the 6230 was direct replacment but it really wasnot because nothing can beat battery life of 6310i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

id have to go with nokia on this one. its not a direct replacement but its the closest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

The 6021 is the nearest replacement, more so than the 6230 because it was a talk n text phone with bluetooth and no camera or other gimmickry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

drdre wrote:
    nokia said the 6230 was direct replacment but it really wasnot because nothing can beat battery life of 6310i

Nokia didn't say that. The 6230 was just aimed at the same group of people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

jrey1981 wrote:
    The 6021 is the nearest replacement, more so than the 6230 because it was a talk n text phone with bluetooth and no camera or other gimmickry.
    That's a god awful ugly phone to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Think I remember seeing one that was like it but had a color screen 6810 looks like closets to an upgrade, incidently I broke my motorola camera phone last month and dusted of my old 6310i from the wardrobe, still best phone i ever had never used the camera on the other one, so what for polyphonic ring tones, doesnt stop me making recieving calls or sending texts. Thats all I need it for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

jrey1981 wrote:

That's what I was about to say myself.

But I never understood why tthey made the 6020, the exact same phone but with a camera...but stripped of the bluetooth! I would have possibly gotten the 6020 if it had bluetooth....stupid move to leave it out when it was in the 6021 in my opinion.

Or why they couldn't just release the 6020 by itself with both a camera and bluetooth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

HavoK wrote:
    That's what I was about to say myself.

But I never understood why tthey made the 6020, the exact same phone but with a camera...but stripped of the bluetooth! I would have possibly gotten the 6020 if it had bluetooth....stupid move to leave it out when it was in the 6021 in my opinion.

Or why they couldn't just release the 6020 by itself with both a camera and bluetooth...

It is Nokia marketing strategy to cater for every category and sub-category of customer they can think of - but alot of people in the business made the same comment that there was no need for both the 6020 and the 6021.

Advertisement